Unfaithful - 30

Ruby's P.O.V.

New Years Eve.............

“ Ruby Ryan is back! She’s been partying hard and strutting her stuff on the streets showing the men of New York what’s just on offer now the movie starlet is single. With her premier coming up tonight Ruby Ryan is set to own the red carpet after her months of MIA, ex-husband Darius McLane is set to attend the premier also. Could claws be used tonight? Only time will -.”

I threw the remote down with a huff and walked over to the huge glass window that let me look out onto Broadway. These past few days had been hard but the news report was true, I had been partying hard with some of my old actress ‘buddies’ and got plastered every night. I know it made me seem like an alcoholic but it gave me some relief from my recurring thoughts of Tobias.

Even a single thought of him made me go crazy and I felt like crying, I hardly slept at all without him with me but I couldn’t blame him. If I was me and had a career like I did I wouldn’t want to come along, it was stressful and we would of hardly seen each other; it was better that he did push me away now even if it hurt me.

I shook away thoughts of Tobias as well as I could and looked down at the streets below, once upon a time all the lights and people made me dream of what I had made over the last seven years but now it just didn’t entertain me. I missed Maseru and my man and everyone but I know that I couldn’t go back just yet.

I had a premier to go to.

~*~

I was just adding the last touches to my makeup and hair in my bathroom when I noticed the time, I gasped and ran over to my closet where I carefully slipped into my dress. I only had a few minutes before I had to leave and I was running out of time.

I stood in front of my mirror and examined my own work, I had refused to have stylists and makeup artists come in to help because I preferred to do it myself, my hair was up in a tight bun above my head while my eyes were light and slightly smoky. My dress was a bronze colour and had a lot of lace covering most of the dress, it had an open back and was strapless, hugging my figure to perfection. I wore a pair of simple beige heels and had my mom’s locket hanging around my neck.

I checked the time and realised it was time to leave, I had a limo waiting for me downstairs to take me to the premier, by myself.

I locked up my apartment and made my way to the elevator to take me to the lobby. The ride down was slow and quiet and I took the time to think over what I would be doing tonight. I didn’t have to worry about the press being there when I got downstairs because they were all at the premier and want to get the best pictures possible, my limo driver would drive me there and let me out then drive away, he was nice but he was no Winston. Anyway I would have to walk the red carpet for the first time since my divorce and talk to reporters but I didn’t mind because it’s what I do.

The elevator doors opened and I stepped out, turning towards the doors and started making my way outside but stopped short in the middle of the lobby mid-step. I felt my eyes widen and my body freeze as I felt my breath catch in my throat.

“ Your here.” I breathed.

He was here! He was really here! I felt like crying but I knew my makeup would run, I took a few breaths and looked at him properly. He looked good enough to eat as he stood in front of me, he was clothed in  suit pants and a jacket along with a white shirt but no tie. His muscles bulged out from under the jacket showing just how big he is and his tanned skin stood out against the white of his shirt. His beard was cleanly shaven but I would of loved for him to of kept a bit of stubble on there if you ask me. He wore no hat which was unusual for him so his mess of dark hair fell to just to the bottom of his neck. God I had missed him.