Unfaithful - 36

Tobias's P.O.V.

I carried Ruby out of the downstairs bathroom and towards her room, I still wasn’t used to seeing her be sick like she just was and it scared me to see her like that. I was glad to have her back now and relieved because it meant I could be with her more and keep an eye on her, I still didn’t think she was fully okay after what had happened with Tyler; She was hiding it well.

When I first heard the news about Ruby I was doing some work for my parents in their stables with Justin and Conley, I heard my name being called and looked up to find my mom calling to me from the backdoor. She looked upset and it seemed urgent so I dropped everything and ran, I found the whole family in the living room watching the T.V. in silence. They all looked up when I walked in and gave me sad faces and I didn’t get why until my dad turned onto a news channel and Ruby’s face flashed across the screen and I heard the news. I couldn’t believe it when I heard it but I always knew there was something about that Tyler, I called Ruby’s dad straight away and we conversed on what to do. Since he was closer he was already at the airport in Atlanta and was catching a plane whereas I was going to fly other night.

To say I was wrack during the flight was an understatement, I never had liked flying but for Ruby it was worth it. I walked past the living room and my family all became quiet as I walked past with Ruby in my arms, she was quite light so it was easy to pick her up seeing as she was pretty short compared to me. She unconsciously breathed in my cologne and I smiled, I loved it when she did that and I loved the fact how she kept my shirt thinking I wouldn’t notice but I had given it to her anyway.

I climbed the stairs of her mansion and reached the top with ease then walked down the hall to Ruby’s room. I opened her door and walked over to her bed, pulling back the covers and laying her down as softly as I could. I undressed her but only down to her underwear because otherwise she might get a bit creped out and then I pulled the covers over her, she clung to my shirt but I pried her fingers from me and placed them on the bed. I set a kiss on her forehead and then walked back out, closing her door slightly behind me.

I made my way back downstairs and into the living room, I leant against the wall while the rest of my family took up the rest of the seats, the Lyrical Life girls were here but the group Ruby had sung with earlier had gone off to enjoy the beginning of the Derby.

“ Is she okay?” My dad asked.

“ Yeah just tired.” I stated.

“ I have a question.” My mom stated.

“ Yes mom.” I said.

“ Is Ruby....pregnant?” She asked.

I felt my cheeks heat up and my face go red, I groaned and covered my face with my hands. My mom could be so embarrassing sometime and where did she even get the thought that Ruby was pregnant? Although the thought of it didn’t really put me off. The room had fallen silent with my mom’s question.

“ No she’s not.” I told everyone.

“ Oh thank god, who knows if it was even yours.” Conley said in relief.

It made my blood boil at how he talked about her, he doesn’t even know her yet he treats and talks about her like she’s some sort of whore which she is definitely not. I clenched my fists and took a deep breath as I stared at my younger brother.

“ That’s low Conley and you know it. She’s just been in the hospital for 3 whole days, they had to hold her down to sedate her because she couldn’t sleep. She was nearly raped and all you can say is that your glad!” I roared.

“ What do you mean nearly raped? The press said she was.” My sister-in-law Samantha asked.

“ He didn’t get that far.” I stated through gritted teeth.