Unfaithful - 31

This is dedicated to MeAndMyAlpha for being Tobias's biggest fan xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ruby's P.O.V.

“ Why did you come here in the first place? It’s so...cramped and stuffy nothing like what we have back home.” Tobias asked.

“ It held opportunity, to be able to do something with my life instead of just ending up doing something that would turn out to nothing in the end. I used to be amazed by it all when I first started out because there were so many things that you could do but now....it’s not the same.” I said.

It was New Year’s Day and Tobias and I were chilling out in my apartment, he only had one change of clothes with him so I had phoned down to the lobby and asked for some clothes and they still hadn’t brought them yet so we were just talking.

Tobias was sitting in one of my arm chairs with his leg crossed over the other as he watched me from where I stood leaning against my floor length window, looking down at the street’s below.

“ Why don’t you feel like there’s any more opportunity?” He asked with a frown.

“ Because I’ve moved on with my life.” I said as I moved away from the window.

I walked over to the table in the middle of the room and sat down just beside it as I face Tobias. He was only dressed in his suit pants from yesterday along with his white shirt but I have to say my man could definitely rock a suit and it made me want him to wear one all the time. His hair was an absolute mess but he didn’t seem to bothered about it.

“ You know I’ve told you a lot about me but I hardly know anything about you.” I stated with a raised eyebrow.

“ There ain’t much to tell darlin’.” He said with a wry smile.

“ You’re kidding me right! You’re 29 years old you’re an old man and you have no story, which I know for a fact is a lie.” I told him.

“ There really isn’t that much.” He said.

“ What about you being the Rodeo Master for 3 years in a row? You being the leader of Political Harmony? Or the whole Rob thing? How did you meet Carl? There has to be something.” I stated.

“ You know about the rodeo?” He asked surprised.

“ Honey I’m Ruby Ryan, people tell me everything even your dad.” I told him with a smirk.

“ The Rodeo was what I started in high school, I entered for the first time in my senior year but I didn’t win neither did I for the next couple of times but I trained and got better. I kept that win for 3 years straight, made my family proud even most of the towns people but Rob always took away the lime light just for being able to stand on a horse, no offense, he didn’t even do any fancy tricks whereas us guy’s in the actually Rodeo had to work for it. We would go home sore and hurt and when it actually came to the rodeo a lot of the guy’s were put in hospital or badly injured whereas he just got on his high horse and didn’t even falter. I’ve got a few scars myself that even you can’t see darlin’ and it was all earned from hard work.” He said proudly.

I don’t think he realised he was telling me all this because he was looking off in the other direction with a slight frown. I could tell already that he missed being The Rodeo Master and it was all because of the Rob thing whether or whether not he did it, it had still ruined his life. To be honest I didn’t believe he did it and I know that his family and lots of other people think the same but it was just trying to get him to see that.

“ The whole Rob thing was completely blown out of proportion. While I was the Rodeo Master and he was the Golden Boy that everyone adored, the Derby was never supposed to be like that. It was to see who was the best at what they could do not to feed your ego. Rob and I used to be friends but then when he found what he could do with his horse he ditched me and Carl for a group of people we didn’t even know.