Unfaithful - 18

Ruby's P.O.V.

Stupid freaking church, stupid freaking stairs.

I’d spent the last 10 minutes climbing the stairs and boy was I tired; I was at the top and had to pause for breath as I muttered different curses. I walked over to the vent that Carl had said and looked through it. I could see Tobias just to my right and gigged as I watched him search through the crowds with a frown, I walked over to where he was standing and pushed open the vent so I could get through; he jumped and jerked away from the vent as I moved it out of the way.

“ How ya doin’ old man.” I greeted as I stepped out.

“ Jesus darlin’, don’t ever do that again.” He sighed.

“ Sorry.” I said with a cheeky smile.

I placed the vent back on after I had balanced myself on the roof and sat down next to him, from up here there was an amazing view that led right up to the ranch. I placed my bag down and rested my hands on the skirt of my dress since I couldn’t get changed until the results were given.

“ Why do you look like you’ve been crying?” He asked.

I didn’t get where that had come from and I didn’t understand how he knew I had been crying but I guess I just looked that bad. I mean I hadn’t actually been crying.

“ I haven’t been crying.” I told him.

“ Then why are your eyes red and your makeup is smudged?” He asked turning to look at me.

“ What?” I said.

I zipped open my bag and pulled a mirror that I had out and stared in horror at my makeup, it was streaked down my face in black lines and my eyes were in fact red. I rubbed at the black streaks to get them to go away but it just made my cheeks soar.

“ Stop that before you hurt yourself.” Tobias said grabbing a hold of my hand.

I put the mirror away and zipped my bag back up as we turned our attention back down to the stage, Tobias didn’t let go of my hand but I didn’t really mind. Silver note were about to perform and I was interested in seeing what they were going to do.

“ You did great down there by the way.” Tobias said softly.

“ Thank you.” I said giving him a soft smile.

We stared at each other for a few moments until I cleared my throat and looked away, back down at the stage. Sliver Note were performing their first song and were dancing about on the stage happily while they sung their hearts out. Tobias’s hand felt warm in mine and I shivered at the warmth being given to me since there was quite a cold breeze up here and I didn’t have a jacket.

“ You cold?” He asked.

“ A little, I forgot to bring a jacket.” I said as I brought my knees to my chest, making sure my underwear was covered.

“ Come here.” He stated.

I looked back over at him and saw him with his legs apart and his arms open, I gave him a confused look but wiggled over and sat in-between his legs and pulled my legs up to my chest again as he wrapped his arms around me. I was instantly warm and realised that this was so much better than a jacket or a jumper. I leant against his chest as I began to warm up and continued to watch the rest of Silver Notes performance.

“ I like them.” I said after they were finished.

Silver Note had just finished and Political Harmony was on next and I had a feeling they were going to be really good. Tobias shifted behind me and leaned his head on top of my hair.