Chapter 29 (Part 1 of 2)

“Alpha Mine”

2013 Copyright All Rights Reserved

Edited by LadyDawn

Chapter 29 (Part 1 of 2)

Saying that Dava was confused was putting it mildly. Right now her mind was going full throttle at about ninety-five miles a minute and she was nowhere near ready to put on the brakes. In the span of a week her entire life has been turned upside down. Not only had she found her true mate and gone into an unexplainable heat before she was fully claimed but she was also beginning to learn that she was someone else entirely different than whom she grew up thinking she was.

And that bothered her. It bothered her a lot.

How could she be an original?  How could she have a twin out there and never even realize it?  And then these powers…her Uncle told her that she would have powers unlike any lycan has ever seen before.

None of this made sense to her.  No one asked her if she wanted these so called powers.  No one asked her if she wanted to be special.

All she really wanted was to go back to being her normal self.  Before the school year started she was happy with the person that she was.  She was happy with where her life was going.  She had plans.  Plans to go to college; hopefully become a New York best seller novelist and then eventually she hoped to find a mate, settle down and start a family.

But now- with everything that has happened over the last week all of those coveted dreams seemed impossible. There would be no college for her. Her Uncle and dad told her that much.  They said it was too risky and tried to placate her by insisting she was destined for greater things.

Instead of college they wanted to send her to the Dark Horse Mercenary compound for training. Training for what she didn’t have a clue.  She didn’t feel any different now than she did yesterday or last week or even last month for that matter.  And to make matters worse with all the talk of training she doubted she would have any time for her writing.

If that wasn’t bad enough, Mother Nature decided to throw her another curve ball. 

A true mate.

And it wasn’t just any true mate- it just had to be an Alpha.

She tried to fight it, even denied it as long as she could but it didn’t matter.  No matter how many lies Dava tried to tell herself she felt deep down in her soul that Adam belonged to her. 

He’d been telling her they belonged together from day one.  She felt it when he touched her, when he kissed her, even when he looked at her she could feel the electricity arcing between them. 

Then she went into heat and Adam claimed her fully, confirming what they both already knew.

So now the deed was done and they were bound together- but at what costs?

She couldn’t help but to think about everything that Adam was going to lose all because he mated with her. The only way her father would allow the mating was if Adam would agree to certain stipulations.  When all was said and done, a deal was made.

A deal that she wasn’t happy about because if stripped Adam of his title. The very title that he had been preparing all his life to accept. 

His right to claim the title Alpha of the Lumbee pack. 

The thought of him giving up his right for her made her sick to her stomach. That was too much for any person to give up.

She tried to argue with them, search for another way they could be together but would any of the dang blasted-males listen to her?