Chapter Thirty Four

A/N: Really quick I wanted to warn you that this chapter begins in Rivendell. I don't usually write about my characters traveling because I am no good at writing that, and I don't want to bore y'all with that.

Sooo, on with the story~

___

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love;

Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." -Jeremiah 31:3

_____

Eilonwy's POV

Our horse trails at the back of the group as we enter the gates of Rivendell, the sound of horse hooves clopping on the cobblestone pathway only elevating my excitement. It is a strange feeling, entering the magical realm, because my soul instantly feels peaceful and contented. The feeling is hard to describe, but there is an immediate and overwhelming change in my soul, it seems. Legolas told me when we were traveling that Rivendell is protected by Lord Elrond's magic, but I did not realise that the magic would be so tangible. As I look around, I can just barely see an array of bright colors surrounding everything in sight, like a thick blanket that is invisible to most people.

In my world, I was drawn to spiritual things. I believed in spirits- or ghosts- and from all the research I did, I learned of energy and auras. Auras surround all people and all things in the world, living or inanimate, and they are just an outline of bright color that surrounds the object. People's auras differed according to their personalities or their spirits. Energy, well, the best way I can describe it is that it looks exactly the way a TV does when the screen is full of what we called static. Energy looks just like that, but instead of black and white, it is colorful. Both auras and energy are able to be seen everywhere by anyone with a trained or naturally gifted eye.

That is what the magic surrounding the Elven city resembles.

"What do you think?" Legolas whispers in my ear, and I can hear the smile in his voice.

"I absolutely love it," I reply, still looking around in awe, and I smile contentedly, happy to be sharing this moment with Legolas.

The home of Elrond sits to the side of a giant expanse of mountain scenery, and waterfalls flow beautifully from the side of it and into the valley below. The Elven lord's home is architecturally magnificent. It consists of pure white, twisting rooftops and walls that look like snow covered vines reaching for the sky. The nature all around is so brightly colored and soft looking, like a photoshopped picture, and I feel as if I am in a dream. Something about the scenery naturally makes me smile, and as I look around at the others, I realize that they are reacting the same way. Not a single person is frowning. Everyone looks just as wonderstruck as I feel, even though they have visited before. Even Elladan and Elrohir look happy, and I am sure it is because they have missed their home. I would be homesick all of the time if I lived in such a place as this.

When we reach the massive, elegant house, many elves greet our company- more specifically Lord Elrond and his wife- warmly. The elves are just like all of the others I have seen, magnificently beautiful and achingly graceful.

"Mae tollen na mar (Welcome home)," a young ellon says as he gracefully glides down the stone steps that lie in front of us, his arms outstretched in a gesture of welcome. He is tall, just like all other elves, and he has long, dark brown hair. His features are sharp and his skin fair, and he wears robes of a rich purple color.

Lord Elrond and his wife approach him, bowing to him. "Le hannon (Thank you), Lindir," Lord Elrond replies kindly, and he turns and gestures to us, "I am in need of rooms for our guests."

Lindir bows to him.

"Dinner will be served soon. I am sure you are all famished after our long journey," Lord Elrond says to us with a warm smile, "I hope you enjoy your time here."