▪6▪

Blossom's POV

I ended up staying home for the rest of the week. The moment I saw him, I just broke. And what made it worse was that I continued to go on when I was broken.

You know how like you can twist your ankle like during a sport, but yet you continue to play the game? That's how I felt.

My sisters got me kept up with my schoolwork, and my backpack was dragging me down with all the weight of the papers.

I walked up the steps to the school, along with my sisters, preparing myself to see the heartbreaker I once loved.

Buttercup told me about what happened after I left for the nurse. I believe he deserved it, yet at the same time I believe he didn't.

I know the thing keeping me back from moving on is the fact that maybe he'll wake up one day and think, "I really miss that redhead that I loved once so much," the way I wake up everyday.

"Are you okay, Blossom?" Bubbles voice enters my mind.

"Huh? Oh yeah, I'm fine," I reply, shaking my head.

"You know we're always here for you, right?" Bubbles asks, creases forming on her forehead.

"Yeah, don't worry, Bubbles. I'll be fine," I assure her.

"Just making sure," Bubbles gives me a tight smile. I smile back.

"Hurry up, slowpokes," Buttercup says before walking into the school.

We soon follow her into the school and I keep my head down as we walk through the halls.

I make it to the lockers without seeing them and unpack my backpack. I take a stack of papers that are for my makeup math work.

"You sure you're going to be okay?" Bubbles asks one more time.

I nod in reply before walking off to my first class. I get there early, as usual. I sit down in my seat at the front of the class and begin to doodle once again on my notebook, feeling a sense of deja vu.

But this time, I promised myself to stay strong. If my sisters didn't need to take a week off of school, then why should I?

Unknowingly, I draw a hat. When I finish, I realize the hat looks familiar before it hits me. It's his hat. His signature red hat. I scribble out my drawing as I feel the tears well up in my eyes.

"Don't cry over him anymore," I mumble to myself, discreetly wiping my eyes.

"If I can have your attention, please, let's begin class," Mr. Slavic announces.

I look up, pushing my notebook aside, making it fall off the desk. I curse to myself as I lean over and pick it up.

"Ah, Blossom, I see that you're back. Feeling better?" He asks.

I nod and I grab the makeup papers.

"Here are my makeup work papers," I say as I hand him the stack of papers.

"Glad to know someone cares about their grades," He smiles, looking at the rest of the class.

"Teacher's pet," Someone coughs. I almost roll my eyes at the statement.

It's not like I've been called a teacher's pet my whole entire life. (Sarcasm intended).

"Let's carry on with lesson," Mr. Slavic turns back to the board, placing my stack of papers on his desk.

_________________________

"Au revoir, la classe," My french teacher dismisses as the bell rings.