▪12▪

Buttercup woke in a state of panic. She looked around her unfamiliar environment. It was very white and clean. Very quiet. Was she in a nurse's office?

"I thought I said to sit out if you weren't feeling well," A voice announced. She looked over so quickly, she might as well have gotten whiplash.

She narrowed her eyes and the boy and spoke with pure hatred to him.

"Where am I?" She hisses.

"The infirmary," He softly replied.

"Why are you here?" She asks, venom evident in her voice.

He stood silent. He had no reason to be here, he just felt obligated to.

He shrugged in reply, holding out his hand.

"What?"

"Take it." He ordered. He reached out for her hand, but she quickly retracted it from his touch.

He rolled his eyes and placed the pills on the side table next to the bed, where a glass of water sat.

"The nurse said to take it," He says, running a hand through his dark raven hair.

"Why should I trust you?" She crosses her arms.

"Do you really think I would try to kill you?"

"Yes." She glared before mumbling to herself, "you've already killed me inside."

Butch sighs and sits on the foot of her bed, staying silent for a moment as his eyebrows creased, obviously in deep thought.

"Why don't you go back to the game?" She asked.

"I know how you feel about me."

She stayed silent, her eyes wide.

"You told me, all about it at the party."

Party, party, party....what party? Oh! The one where that girl was grinding on him. The stranger. THE STRANGER. THE STRANGER WAS BUTCH. SHE HAD TOLD HER FEELINGS TO THE PERSON IT WAS DIRECTED AT.

Her eyes widened even more if they could.

"I'm sorry."

She was at a loss for words. For as long as she's known Butch, he's never said sorry. Not even when they used to be dating.

"I-I-I"

"Just let me talk. I'm an idiot. A huge one. I'm a douche bag. A jerk. A dick. I did everything in my power to hurt you and I regret all of it. It's been tearing me apart to act like I don't care, because I do, Buttercup. I do.

"When you said those words about me at the party, I just wanted to beat myself up for making you feel that way. I never wanted you to feel pain, yet I caused you the most hurt, physically and emotionally. I was surprised to hear that you still love me, after all I've done for you. I don't deserve it. But Buttercup?"

He looks up and meets my eyes, giving me the most sorry look.

"I l-love you."

It's silent in the infirmary. She slowly starts shaking her head.

"Lies! It's all lies! How can you expect me to take you back after all the pain you caused?!" She screams.

"I trusted you with my heart and you took it and tore it apart. Do find joy in taking a girl's heart and tearing her apart, leaving her broken on the side while you go on and enjoy life? Yo-you're a monster." She glares, the tears welling up in her eyes. A mixture of a angry and painfilled tears.

"Please, Buttercup. I never meant to hurt you," He pleads, his voice cracking. He got off the bed and moved closer to Buttercup.

"Get away from me!" She yelled. "Go before you hurt me again," She softly said to herself, but Butch could hear her.

"I'm sorry. You don't know how hard it was to act like I didn't care about you, because you make me go crazy," He says, standing closer.

"I said, go away!" She screams, a tear escaping her eye.

He couldn't take it anymore. He wrapped his arms around her and buried his face in the crook of her neck. Buttercup thrashed around, trying to pry him off her, but she knew he was too strong for her.

"Stop!" She sobbed. "You're a liar!" She exclaims, tears falling, staining her cheeks. She hit his chest repeatedly.

"Shh, just let it all out," He softly said, holding her closer.

She gave up on pushing him away and wrapped her arms around his neck and cried into his shoulder.

"I'm sorry," He whispered.

He took in her scent. She smelled like fresh mint. He missed her. So much. He missed having her in his arms. Missed her being his. Missed her beautiful face. Her lime green eyes. Her bright smile. Her long silky dark raven hair. He missed everything about her.

She took in his scent. He smelled like fresh pine cones. She missed him. So much. She missed being in his arms. Missed him being hers. Missed his handsome face. His forest green eyes. His mischievous smile. His spiky dark raven hair. She missed everything about him.

And for the first time in years,

Everything was okay.

________________________________

So my testing isn't over, but it's the weekend, so it's okay. This chapter was just a bit shorter, only because I was planning on adding some blossick action but this butchercup chapter was just a little bit too long and I didn't want to make this chapter too long. Also, do you like 3rd POV? Thanks for reading!

- abbie💕