XVII

May 20, 19—
I think today was the best day of my life. Today I found of an alternate universe. It's named ultraviolet, and it's a place where people escape to create. I'm going there tomorrow and I have never been more excited. I have dreamed of this my whole entire life. I can't believe that my hopes of a better life might have actually been fulfilled. I have heard that once you go there you can't go back, so I am so excited to finally leave this fucked up place. I won't miss anything. I bet you the sun there will be one hundred times brighter and a whole lot more violet-y. Blue and purple have always tied as my favorite color, so I know this is a perfect transition for me. Or at least I hope. Someone told me that once you saw the door way of ultraviolet, there was no turning back because you see how perfect the place actually is. My nails used to be long and manicured, but the stress of going has made me chew them to stubs. The fact that I am going from almost death to perfection scares me a little bit, because what if I'm not good enough? What if my artistic relief isn't enough? It's not like I can just come back. I don't want to be too imperfect for perfection. I can't really see myself any other way, than the way that I presently am, so I don't know if I will stabilize the 'dream change' very well. I think I am still going to proceed with this journey, no matter how much it scares me, because I don't think that I will ever be able to reach happiness unless I take some kind of chance. I'm going to end this with that, because I have to go call up a cab before it's too late. I hope dreams really do come true.
-a.l.r