XXV

May 27, 19—
Today I went on a plane and flew to Ultraviolet's most famous beach, Paradise Lost in Time. It's a quite lengthy name, but it is well worth it I bet. I left around noon after packing myself a small backpack of stuff. Everything is free of charge here and we only take what we need and I have an extensive need and desire to travel away, even if it's only for a few days. I mean, Ultraviolet is my escape after all. When I got to the hotel, it was absolutely breathtaking. It was a gothic style building and it seemed like someone put their blood, sweat, and tears into that work of art. I could have stood there all day admiring what the wonderful minds of people can actually come up with and create. I went to the check in desk. When the delightful lady handed me my key card, I realized that I was on the eighteenth floor, the first wing, and the eighth room. I felt everything inside of me explode with a flourish of excitement, because I felt like I was meant to be here. Eighteen only follows me when something absolutely grand is about to happen. I felt so entirely lucky to have found a paradise like Ultraviolet. Not everyone is this lucky and I should start acting as lucky as I've forgotten that I am. Tomorrow I will spend all day at the beach, so I'm not sure if that entails a lengthy journal entry. These will be the first days that I skip my diligent writing practices. That makes me nervous, but it also makes me feel like I have done the right thing by coming to the land of blue and purple. Everything here feels right, and even if I don't feel the same way about myself, it's okay. Here's to a new beginning, if it can be called that, in a new place for a new state of mind. Everything happens for a reason. It's something that I must etch and carve into my brain. I am so much better than I think I am, I'm sure of it.
-a.l.r