Chapter 2

Justin's P.O.V

I slowly made my way into her room and tiptoed to her small bed. A small smile was brought to my face at the sight of my little sleeping princess. I removed her hair from her face before placing a soft lingering kiss on her forehead. I then made sure that she was tucked in and left her room as quietly as I came in.

I walked into the kitchen to find her making herself her usual morning black coffee. I watched silently from the doorway as she moved around the kitchen. She hasn't noticed me yet.

"Good morning" I finally decided to say.

"Oh, Justin! Good morning, I was just about to come and make sure that you woke up" she said taking a small sip from her coffee.

"You know I'm an early riser, Trixie" I said with a teasing smirk.

"Yeah...says the same guy that slept till three last week" she said rolling her eyes playfully.

"Hey! That was a one time thing and I was tired" I defended.

"Whatever you say, Bieber. Where's Aiden anyways? " she asked taking a seat on a stool.

"I guess he's already downstairs putting down the chairs" I said heading towards the front door.

"Are you going to work till late tonight? " she asked following behind me with her hands wrapped around her mug.

"I don't know, lets just hope we get some more customers today" I said with a sigh as I slid my feet in my shoes.

"Hey" she said softly putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Everything's gonna be okay, don't worry about it" she said with a small smile.

I knew that she was worried as much as I was. We haven't been having much business since almost two years now and could barely pay off the rents.

"Yeah..." I breathed before planting a kiss on her forehead, grabbed my keys and wallet before opening the door and heading downstairs.

I owned this small restaurant that was originally my father's. He left it to me two years ago when he was gone. Two years ago he went to get some supplies for our kitchen and whatnot and on his way back...it was raining hard and there was a truck...I still can't believe he's really gone. Seems just like yesterday when he was still here working in the kitchen full of life and passion as he moved around the kitchen and I worked there helping him. Everything I am today, is thanks to him.

And although he left me this restaurant, he still left me with so many responsibilities at such a young age. I had to drop out of high school to run this place and take care of my little sister, Valerie. She's only five, what did she ever do to lose the only parent she had left? Thankfully, our apartment was right above the restaurant with stairs that would lead us upstairs. This way I know she's safe. Besides, Trixie keeps her company and looks after her.

I'm really thankful to have such a great friend in my life. Trixie, short for Beatrice, has always been there for us helping us through it all. She lives next door alone, which explains how she could always stay over to look after my little sister. Me and Trixie have probably been friends since forever. I guess I've always known her. Her presence made it so much easier on both me and Valerie.

"Hey, bro" Aiden greeted the second I stepped foot into the restaurant.

"Hey" I said as we exchanged a side hug.

Aiden. He lost his parents long ago when he was just a little kid. His parents were close friends to mine and so dad didn't even have to think twice before taking him in. We're not just best friends, but also brothers. I know I can always count on him. He works here too to help me run this place.