Chapter 6

Brady's P.O.V

I scratched the back of my neck, feeling quite nervous. I took a small step forward, but decided to stop where I am.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

She didn't answer, all she did was keep her face in her pink pillow.

"You know he didn't mean to yell at you...people do stupid things that they don't mean" I said feeling awkward.

"Nice room you've got here" I said looking around, when she wouldn't even budge from her position.

"Come on, I've never been able to talk to a kid. Give me a break" I whined with a sigh afterwards.

"He thinks I don't remember, but that night I heard it all..." she said quietly.

"Heard what? " I asked softly.

"Heard the argument between him and daddy...I didn't tell him because I already knew he blamed himself. But it wasn't his fault, god decided it was time daddy goes visits mommy" she said sitting up, her hair being a mess.

"Now he's all I have and I don't want us to argue too...because I don't want god to take him too to visit mommy and daddy and leave me alone" she sniffled.

My heart broke at that, I never thought it was possible for such a little girl like her to think like that. She seemed much smarter than her age. I made my way towards her small bed and before I could even function what I was doing, I had pulled her into a hug. Wrapping her in my arms as she clutched my shirt in her tiny hands.

"You'll never be alone...and I'm sure your brother won't leave you alone" I whispered, not really knowing what else to say.

"You're not too bad, Brady" she said quietly against my chest.

"You're not too bad either, little Val" I said with a soft small smile.

*

"What the hell took you so long? I made a dramatic exit for a reason. And it's to jump into the car and speed down the road back home. Only problem was having the driver missing"

The second I opened the driver's door and hopped in, Andrea started her angry ranting. I just rolled my eyes, ignoring her as I pushed the keys into the ignition and brought the car to life.

"Are you even listening?!" She exasperated, throwing her arms up in the air.

"No, you lost me the second you opened your mouth"

And that's ladies and gentlemen is how you get your best friend to leave a purple mark on your arm. Well, at least I think it'd turn purple from how hard this little shit over here hits.

"Focus, Brady. Focus! " she spat, narrowing her eyes at me.

People might think she's this cute and adorable girl, but I've been friends with her for far too long to see past this cuteness facade. Well, at least to me it's a facade. I'm the only one she's not nice to, and the reason to that will most probably always stay a mystery to me.

Justin's P.O.V

I sat there with my head in the palm of my hands, so many questions, so many problems and just a huge headache is all I seem to be receiving. What am I supposed to do?

The other day when I let her take Valerie to school and I went downstairs to see who needed so badly to see me right away that I couldn't drop off my little sister to her very first school day. I should've known that having two looking rich men sit in my restaurant wasn't good. Especially with such a bad business this restaurant was getting.