Chapter 20-Part 1

Playlist: Molly Sanden (Freak)

Two weeks. Two weeks since I last talked or even caught a glimpse of him. Just when I thought it was the beginning to something, did it turn into the ending to nothing. I feel confused, but I'm good at hiding my feelings with the one thing that was always able to take my mind off things. Dancing.

Everyone thinks I'm just practicing extra hard for nationals. They know how much important dancing is to me after all. But what they didn't get, was that it was a way of escape for me.

He hasn't even been showing up for practice lately. Aracely talked to Aiden about it, but all he said was that he was busy. Busy with what? Or whom?

But it wasn't only Justin that's been acting wired lately, it's also Aracely. She leaves our practices early, comes late, she looks tired, exhausted even. Like she hasn't been having enough rest and I'm sure it wasn't because of our dance practices.

Things has changed and I still can't manage to wrap my head around the fact that it changed in a mere two weeks span. School is the same as it has ever been. Brady is still hooking up with Julia.

Me? Well, besides dancing my ass off. Well, I've also been spending most of my time with Harry, Brittany, Gina and Addison. Weird I know. But it seems like everyone has been busy lately. I mean my parents always were and especially now with my mom's pregnancy.

But even Ellie was acting more distant than usual. It was like our good times together ended after we returned back from New York. And now we're all just becoming distant as each day passes by.

Even Brady isn't spending that much time with me like we normally do. He claims that he doesn't like the company of Harry, Brittany, Gina and Addison. And especially with the tension between Julia and the three girls. But since when did he start caring about Julia?

Don't get me wrong, she's a great girl and I have nothing against her. But wasn't Brady the one who said before that there was nothing there more than just, excuse my language, sex?

"You've been spending alot of time here..."

I stopped dancing, turning around to watch as Cotrine walked in, crossing her arms over her chest as she awaited a response from me. I was breathing heavily, the sound of the music faded in the background as I placed my hands on my waist.

I came here straight after school today and ever since, I've been dancing with no breaks. Guess I was that engrossed, I didn't even notice Corrine walking in.

"What? Tired of me already, Corrine? " I joked with a small smile.

"Yeah, kinda. But that's not the point " she playfully said with a light shrug of her shoulder.

"I don't wanna talk about it" I said quietly with a shake of my head.

"And you don't have to, because it's gonna be me doing all the talking here..."

She said before stretching her arms upward, she did an À la seconde before standing back to face me.

"Do you know why I made this place? Why I started dancing?"

"No..." I breathed out.

"I'm not gonna bore you with my story life, I know how you kids these days are. It's just I was simply...well, to put it simply. I was the 'freak' back when I was in school. Things were hard for me and it didn't help that I had no friends..."

And before I could say anything, she took her position and made a À la quatrième. Then she was continuing with her story.

"Dancing was like my only escape...where I felt like...I owned the world...it was when I felt like I was loved, that I wasn't a freak and the world was actually a better place" she chuckled lightly, biting down on her bottom lip as she looked down.