Chapter 5

We both walked hand in hand towards the restaurant after that I paid the Uber. I asked him to wait for me and hopefully this time nothing will hold me inside. We walked through the restaurant to find that it was empty. Was it always empty? I wondered.

"Hey, Valerie" I looked up to find Beatrice walking down the stairs and towards where we stood.

"Trixie! There's so much I wanna tell you and Juju" she said excitedly.

"What about Aiden? " Beatrice titled her head to the side with a small smile.

"He stole my pudding yesterday, I'm not telling him anything until he gets me my pudding! " she stomped her foot, folding her little arms over her chest.

"Why don't you go upstairs, take a shower and get ready for your nap?" Beatrice asked chuckling.

"Okay!" She exclaimed before turning to face me.

"You'll take me to school tomorrow? " she asked.

"I can't, sweetie, I have school too" I said kneeling down to be the same level as her.

"But..." she trailed off with a frown.

"How about I come pick you up?" I offered with a smile.

"You promise?" She asked with wide eyes.

"I promise" I said softly with a smile.

"Okay. Bye, Andy" she said pecking my cheek.

"Bye, Val"

I watched as she ran up the stairs and disappeared on the second floor before standing up to my feet.

"Thank you so much for taking Valerie to school and bringing her back" Beatrice said with a smile.

"It's no problem, she's such a sweetheart" I shrugged her off.

"You don't have to pick her up if you don't want to. I'll explain to Valerie that you can't and-" she started.

"But I do want to" I cut her off with a small frown as to why she'd think that.

"Just make sure you don't make too many promises to Valerie, ones that you might end up breaking. Even unintentionally, trust me it'll hurt her...alot " she said with a sad face, telling me that little Valerie might have went through much more than I thought.

I nodded slightly before turning around and heading outside the restaurant. Thankfully, the driver was still waiting for me. I got in the backseat and looked outside the window as the vehicle sped down the road, heading home.

*

"You scared the living fucks out of me!"

Was the first thing said, more like yelled, the second I stepped foot inside my house.

"Hello to you too" I said sarcastically with a roll of my eyes.

"Tell me everything that happened, bitch. And why the hell did you ditch school today? " he started bombarding me with questions as I made my way up the spiral staircase.

"Is Maria home?" I asked walking inside my room.

"No, she went grocery shopping since there was nothing left in the fridge" he answered, still sounding pissed off at me.

"You finished all our food again?" I whined falling down onto my bed.

"I had nothing else to express my anger through" he huffed before crossing his arms and giving me the 'start talking, bitch' look.

"Alright, alright. Just take a seat, I don't need the extra dramatic pressure"

He scoffed before pushing me to the side and plopping himself down onto my bed. Good thing that my bed was actually large, or his fat ass would've pushed me to the hard wooden floor.