Chapter 17

"I really can't come, Brady" I whined, my head titled to the back slightly.

"But you're my best friend, you're supposed to come and give me company" he complained, frowning at me.

"It's not like I can bail on him on the last minute, I already gave him my word that I'd go out with him today" I bite my bottom lip, giving my best friend an apologetic look.

"Then who am I supposed to take with me?" He squinted his eyes at me.

"Julia?" I suggested with a sly smirk.

"I don't want her to think of it as a date or that there could be something more for us than just sex" he said plainly, shrugging casually.

"I want someone who will never think of it as a date...someone who hates me...I got it!" If this was a cartoon, I'm sure a light bulb would've appeared out of nowhere above his head.

"Who, genius?" I raised both eyebrows at him.

"Ellie...who else can't stand me more than her?"

I only roll my eyes at his expression, he looks like he's just came up with the best idea ever. Correction, worst idea ever. He continues grinning like an idiot anyways as we continue our walk down the hall, heading to our first class.

*

I lied on my right side on my bed, facing the closet as I waited for Aracely to emerge back into the room, but with the right outfit this time. I didn't want to give the impression that I've put much effort into putting my outfit together. But I also didn't want to look like I don't care at all.

Ugh!

"Found it!"

Brady was the one who would usually help me out with my outfits when I can't do it myself. Aracely didn't seem like the girl who would freak out over picking out an outfit, much like me. And that's why I hoped if Brady or even Ellie was here. I mean, Ellie was the queen of not caring after all. But those two had to go watch a basketball match today out of all days. Me and Brady really loved watching basketball matches.

"This is definitely it" she said with a huge grin, holding up a black dress.

I changed quickly in the black dress, that I don't remember even having. It reached midthigh and actually looked great. It wasn't over the top, elegant and simple was what I was going for. Walking back into the room, Aracely strattled me as she squealed. I chuckled lightly, shaking my head slightly before finding myself being pushed down to sit on a chair.

I let her do what she wanted with my look, because when it came to Cheli, she was simple, which was opposite to Ellie. I think I underestimated this girl. The make-up was simple and natural, my hair was curled at the bottom. I smiled at my reflection, I liked what I was seeing.

"Aiden just texted me, wear low heels and good luck, Andy" she planted a kiss on my cheek before grabbing her purse and stumbled her way out of my room.

I laughed lightly as I followed her down the stairs, she was wobbling down them more than walking, making me wonder if it was the nerves or that she never wore heels before. Maybe even both.

Tonight she was going on her very first official date with Aiden. Sure it wasn't the first time they hang out and spend time together, but this was actually their first date. Honestly, I shipped it so bad, they were both just so right for each other and just looked adorable.

"Call me if you needed anything" she called over her shoulder before flunging the front door open.

There stood Aiden, arm half way up about to knock and a bouquet of beautiful roses in his other hand. I wanted to chuckle at how nervous they both looked, wide eyes and red cheeks. Told you they were absolutely adorable!