Chapter 20-Part 2

Everyone was here. He was here. But the whole time, he never spared me a glance. I wondered if there was something that I might have done that maybe got him this distant.

But No, this wasn't about me nor him right now. It was about Aracely and her sick mother. How she managed to hide all that pain she was carrying away from us, was really beyond me.

It made me start thinking if I really knew everyone. Do I even know who I really am? Ellie turned out to be not that careless bitch after all, Aracely isn't that happy-go-lucky girl after all. And Justin was starting to become more distant, like he was hiding this big secret.

It was almost like just when I finally got near, he was gone, disappearing into a smoke of my fantasy.

Ellie has been sitting with Aracely the whole time, trying to comfort her. I did sit with her as well, doing my best to comfort her, but once Aiden arrived, we both weren't just as needed. Aiden took care of her just fine, maybe even managed to comfort her better than both me and Ellie combined together.

"How's she doing?" I asked Ellie silently.

"Still crying in Aiden's arms" she said, giving me a weird look before looking at Aracely and Aiden who were sitting right in front of us.

"No, I meant her...you know, mother. How's she doing?"

I refrained from rolling my eyes at her, of course I could see that Aracely is still as devastated as before. And I could also see her in Aiden's arms, sitting right across us while he whispered, I'm assuming, comforting words in her ear.

"I don't know, the last thing I heard was from this nurse talking to another nurse...apparently her mother has stress cardio-it was a long word I can't remember what it was, but I'm pretty sure that's not good"

I couldn't speak, first it was her father that was taken from her and now this with her mother? And from what I concluded, she didn't have enough money for her mother's medication and so had to work to raise up the money herself.

It must've been pretty hard for her, to carry all that on her own. And suddenly my problems and worries seem to be...nothing. They were nothing compared to Ellie's and Aracely's. I felt like a whiny baby, that complained about stupid things when the world around her were facing much more difficult situations.

"You guys go home, get some rest and I'll stay here with Aracely"

Aracely finally agreed to go to the bathroom, freshen up a bit while Justin went ahead to bring coffee from the cafeteria.

"We can't just leave our friend here " I shook my head.

"Andy's right, she's our friend and we're staying here with her " Ellie agreed.

"She's in safe hands I promise you and I'll make sure you guys are updated about what goes on here. Besides, you two need to rest for the second shift. Me and Justin will stay all night and then your turn's in the morning" Aiden tried convincing us.

We both knew that he had a point and that it was useless to fight over it. We did need some rest since we've been here pretty much all day and Aracely will sure need us in the morning.

"Fine. But anything happens and you don't tell us, you're dead " Ellie said as her last words before turning around to leave.

"Take good care of her" I whispered before pulling him into a quick hug.

"You don't have to ask me..."

And then I was walking down the hall, following the same direction Ellie just took mere moments earlier. Ellie was already standing inside the elevator, holding the door for me. I entered, but just then did he show up. There he stood with two cups of coffee in his hands.