Thor

I was sleeping soundly when a short sweet kiss on my lips woke me up. My eyes fluttered open slightly but I didn't want to wake up. Not yet. I took one of the pillows and placed it on my face.

"Dan" I heard Phil's voice. "Wake up"

"Nooo" I groaned and closed my eyes tight shut.

"Babe come on" Phil said sitting on the bed and tugging the pillows away from me.

"Ugghh"

Phil chuckled and ruffled my brown hair as I sat up, my eyes still hardly open.

"Happy first Anniversary" Phil said as he wrapped his hands around my neck and pulled me into a kiss.

"I almost forgot" I said jokingly as I kissed him back. I could never forget this day. Today exactly an year ago Phil and I had married each other and today was our first anniversary together. We had decided to stay in and have the day to ourselves and maybe get some takeout as we weren't really the kind of people who liked the outside that much.

Phil laughed.

"That's okay love" he said.

I nuzzled into his neck kissing it slightly.

"You hungry?" I asked him.

"Very" he replied.

"What do you wanna eat babe?"

"Pancakes" he said loudly and I laughed.

"Okay" I chuckled as we walked to the kitchen holding hands.

"Just wait a second here" I said as I rushed into our spare room getting the gifts I had hidden for Phil. I had got him a boquet, chocolates and a special gift. I loved spoiling my Phil with gifts.

I returned to find him sitting on one of the chairs staring off into distance.

"Philly" I said.

He turned around and looked at me with a smile on his face.

I first gave him a huge bouquet of flowers that I was hiding behind me. Phil's eyes sparkled with joy as he took them and sniffed the pink roses.

Next I gave him chocolates that he opened almost immediately and popped one into his mouth and fed me one too.

My actual gift was though a huge one wrapped in a beautiful blue black papee that Phil ripped off in an unfashioned manner and his eyes shined when he saw it. It was a photo from our honeymoon to France last year and we were in front of the Eiffel Tower kissing each other.

"Dan this is so beautiful" he said.

"I know" I said.

"Thank you so much" he said. "I love you"

"I love you too" I said as I kissed his sweet lips.

He kissed my nose and smiled at me again. The silence was disrupted by the sound of Phil's rumbling stomach.

"Someone's a bit too hungry huh"

"Hey" Phil said. "That wasn't me"

"Don't worry love, I am making you pancakes."

I went in the kitchen and Phil followed me to help me make the pancakes even though it was my turn to make breakfast.

After finishing making them we took our pancakes and syrup along with Nutella and sat down on the sofa feeding each other pancakes while watching Attack on Titan.

Though I wasn't a materialistic person and I hardly gave importance to any kind of physical object more than love my mind still wandered about the fact that Phil hadn't given me anything. It was our first anniversary and I had expected a gift from him even something like a simple flower he had picked up from a garden or something. But he hadn't given me anything at all.