The Bassist's Boyfriend

The pub is dark, dingy and packed with people. The place stinks of cheap alcohol and cigarette smoke. I make my way through a couple of girls in a big circle to the front.

It is so loud, I can hardly hear anything at all. This was a bad idea and I should have known it. I wasn't made for places like this. I look out of place with my plaid shirt and black jeans while most of the people around me are wearing tight leather shirts and ripped denims, their hair of colors ranging from deep purple to hot pink.

But I came here anyway only because Dan my dear boyfriend wanted me to. Dan is a bassist of a famous local band called The Raging Lilies who get a lot of gigs here and there. I have been dating Dan for 7 months now but not once have I ever been to any of his gigs. Not because I didn't want to but because I wasn't necessarily a big fan of huge crowds that were a major part of Dan's gigs.

Dan really wanted me to come though so I can see everything and after him requesting so much I decided to come to the gig but I didn't tell him I was coming so I could surprise him.

I get myself a drink and wait for the band to show up and after about 20 minutes they come on stage which is followed by the crowd erupting into a deafening cheer.

Dan is the last one to come. He looks ridiculously hot. He is wearing skinny black jeans with a black T-shirt and a black leather jacket completed by black sneakers. He takes the guitar in his hand as he hi-fives with his band mates.

The lead singer Leo says Hi and stuff but all this time Dan still hasn't seen me in the crowd. The band soon start their first song and it's a great song which I find myself bobbing my head to but Dan is distracting me quite a lot. The look of concentration on his face while playing the instrument as little beads of sweat form on his forehead make him look so hot that I can hardly resist myself from going up on the stage and kiss him right there.

At that very moment Dan sees me. His eyes turn wide and for a moment he seems too distracted before focusing back on the music. The band finishes their first song and the crowd applauds for them.

Dan blows me a kiss and I wink at him. The band soon starts playing another song. There is no denial that the band is super talented. They work so well together.

After the fourth song Dan comes up and whispers something to Leo and Leo nods. Dan takes the microphone in his hand and grins.

"So the next one's written by me for my boyfriend whom I love so much. He is here by the way. We are peforming this for the first time and I hope you guys like it" he says pointing at me.

All heads turn to my direction as I try hard to hide my blushing face. First Dan talks about writing a song about me and now the whole crowd is watching me. It makes me quite anxious but I feel sort of special.

The band starts playing the song. I hear Leo's voice.

I remember when I first saw your beautiful face,
You were standing all alone in the corner of the room.

It was right. Dan and I had first met in a house party at a mutual friend's house and we had hit it off instantly as if he had known each other for ages.

And then we went on the top of the building,
Where we kissed for the first time.

Four weeks after I had met Dan we got so drunk we thought it was a good idea to go the top of a building and we went and then kissed each other.

You bring light in my life
Yes, you are my little sunshine, my little sunshine.

Dan always likes to call me sunshine 'cause he thinks that I am a source of light or joy in his life. And that I bring him happiness he never had but he doesn't understand that he is the same thing for me and that he is the one who brings all the joy in my life.

The song ends and I have little tears in my eyes. I normally don't cry so easily but the thought of Dan putting so much thought into writing a song about me makes me emotional and I realize that he really does love me as much as he says he does.

Dan too seems emotional about the whole thing too and before I know all his bandmates are cheering me to come up on the stage.

I decide I should do it and I shyly make my way up to the stage as the whole crowd cheers too.

I walk up to Dan and he immediately pulls me into a kiss. The cheering gets louder.

"This is my beautiful boyfriend Phil everyone. I love him so much" he says breaking away from the kiss and the crowd hoots.

I blush scarlet before Dan kisses me again. A few people even throw roses on the stage.

It's all too weird for me as I have never been on stage in front of so many people and I have to grab Dan's hands to keep myself steady.

"Thank you for coming to the show Philly" he whispers.

"Anything for you bear" I say.

He pecks my cheek and I get down of the stage as the band takes their position and starts playing their most demanded song.

I am so proud and happy for Dan. I regret not going to his shows before. Sure the crowd is rowdy but it's all worth it to see Dan smashing it on the stage with his guitar riffs.

When they are finally over with the show Dan runs up to me and hugs me tightly.

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming before?" he asks.

"I wanted to surprise you" I say with a grin.

"Aw you little cutie. But how did they let you in?"

"I just told them I am the bassist's boyfriend" I say.

Dan laughs out loud and kisses me.

"I love you"

"I love you too"

A/N: I am so sorry for the pathetic attempt of trying to write a song in the story. ;-;