Courage Doesn't ends at Gender

After college.

"How about travelling via metro?", asked Mishti seeing a cool boy turned into a not-so-efficient mechanic. Aarav was trying to fix a puncture standing beside the tyre and applying his own mathematics.

"I have called for another car, love. He(dad's employee) will be here any minute now.", replied Aarav looking towards his girl.

Mishti just kept on smiling looking straight into his eyes. After several seconds of eye-contact, Aarav kicked his car tyre, and said, "forget it, how do we catch a metro?".
Mishti smiled broader. It was like hypnotism.

He was one of those guys, who had never stepped into a metro. He actually had a little demo-phobia and was even a claustrophobic.

They took a rickshaw to the nearest metro station. Aarav seemed worried to look at the rickshaw wala's way of pedalling while Mishti kept on laughing at all this seeing Aarav's expressions.

They entered the metro station, and Aarav kept glaring around. it was 6:30 in the evening; peak hours, everyone rushing home. So the metro station was chaotic.
Mishti bought a token for him, And they finally entered the boarding premises.

"So what were you telling about Abby?", asked Aarav. Before mishti could reply, his phone rings.

"Hello Mr. Arora, how can I help you?", replied Aarav. He pointed a finger towards Mishti and went away to talk over phone. Mishti was confused as to who was the caller.

Later when Aarav came back, she asked about the same, to which Aarav replied that it was his dad on the phone who wants him to handle their extended business in America and Aarav denied the same. Mishti was surprised, actually more in a shock. But she didn't ask much because she knew Aarav doesn't like talking about his parents.

They entered the train, which was full upto the bottle's neck. Aarav was scared to death and was feeling uneasy because of the suffocation. Mishti gently placed her hand on Aarav's face and asked him to look at her only. He came back to his original equanimity.

"So, what was it about Abby?", asked Aarav.
"He talked to me about a girl, some stupid pretty girl at office", replied Mishti.
"Wwooaahh!! You wanna say, that the heartbroken guy, Abby, our Abby, talked to you about a girl? Aproper functional girl, like someone of opposite sex.??", replied Aarav sarcastically.

Meanwhile,a sturdy looking man, perhaps in his mid 50s, was consistently staring at Mishti. He even tried to touch her from back. Aarav noticed his' uncalled for behaviour. But he just ignored and shifted Mishti to stand between that guy and Mishti.

"Shut up!! Stop over reacting, Aarav. I am worried because most of his words about the girl were negative.", replied Mishita.

Aarav replied, "Don't worry, love. We tend to speak negative about girls, indulge in fights with them initially, and tend to love later." He winked looking at her, because it was the same way he got mishti, actually earned her.
Mishti just smiled; blushed.

The sturdy guy tried to touch Mishti again. This time Aarav looked a little aggressive. Mishti held his hand gently so as to catch his eyes and blinked her eyes trying to mollify his truculence. Her action was also a signal for Aarav to let her handle the situation. Aarav seemed skeptical. Trusting his girl, he cleared the way for Mishti to go ahead.

Mishti went and stood face to face with that guy. "I think you are really fascinated by my kurti. Do you want to buy one? Oh! I know a brilliant store which sells even better kurtis." The man did not expect this. "I'll take your daughter there and even tell her how concerned her father is about her. That how he was inspecting my kurti to buy one for his daughter. Tell me, which day?" Mishti kept simply smiling.

The man was really embarrassed. He lowered down his head in shame, apologised for the misbehaviour and deboarded at the very next station.

Mishti came back to her initial place. Aarav was SHOCKED. He was proud of his girl wondering how she maintained her temperament the whole time and how she handled the whole situation such nicely. While Mishti started talking about Abby again and kept on talking, Aarav simply looked at her smiling the whole time.

They deboarded at the next station and went towards their destination.

The_Untitled_Book