Chapter 20

Slowly I started to regain consciousness, but I couldn't move. My eyes were still closed and I couldn't get them to open. Everything felt strange like I was under water. I was conscious for what felt like months. People visited me... I felt my brothers' presences, along with Sherlock, John, and the Doctor. However, my British boys stopped coming, probably to go save the UK, like they do. I didn't mind... I was just one person. I'm not worth an entire country or planet. Dean, Sam and Cas still watched over me.

My brothers would often visit, telling me how heaven wasn't the same without me. They had angels looking everywhere for some way to wake me up.

Cas would often sit by my bed and read to me. Occasionally making comments about a character's actions.
Sam would tell me about hunts they'd gone on.
Dean, on the other hand, was silent whenever he'd watch me. Never talking, just holding my hand. I could sense his longing... One day he broke his silence.

"Tessa? You gotta wake up for me," I heard Dean say. He sounded so defeated. I willed my body to move, but nothing happened. He sighed and took a deep breath, "What if- what if I played a song for you?" If I could have moved I would have nodded furiously. I heard him leave the room and return a moment later. "What do you want me to play?" I guess he was waiting for me to respond, and I would have. "I guess I'm picking... I think I know." I heard him say. Then, he started to play a guitar. I would have smiled, knowing that the guitar head canons were real. Then, I recognized the tune...

"Wise men say
Only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you," he sang, my heart pounded in my chest. For once I was welcoming the feels, for they were getting my grace kicking.

"Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand,
Take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you," my heart raced faster and faster as he sang. I tried with all my strength to move.

"Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand,
Take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you," as he sang it felt like I was just at the surface of water.

"For I can't help falling in love with you," he finished. Finally, after fighting, I broke the surface and my eyes opened. The first thing I saw was Dean was looking down at his guitar.

"Nice playing," I smiled. Dean looked up from his guitar.

"Tess," he breathed. He stood up from the chair beside my bed, leaning his guitar against my bed stand. He hugged me tightly. He didn't let go of me for almost 5 minutes. Eventually he pulled away from me, looking into my eyes. He leaned in and kissed me. We broke away and he helped me out of bed.

I held onto his shoulder as he helped me walk down the hall. My wings dragged behind me, and I worried as to why I had such limited movement with them and the rest of my body. I soon dismissed it as exhaustion. We reached the war room, and I saw Cas and Sammy sitting at the table.

"Watcha' doin?" I asked. They both looked up. Sam's jaw dropped open and Cas just grinned. And I can confirm that Cas and Misha smile the same. They both stood and nearly sprinted towards me. They both hugged me tightly.

"We thought maybe you would never wake up," Sam admitted.

"Well that's the power of Twist and Shout feels," I laughed. They each gave me a strange look. "Just look it up, I'm sure it's in this dimension too."

"We need to tell your brothers," Cas said.

"Can you get them, I'm so weak I can hardly hear angel radio," I replied. I mostly got static as I tried to listen to angel radio. Cas nodded and I heard the flap of wings. My brothers appeared and I met eyes with them. With some gained strength I carefully walking to them.