Chapter 23

0
---

2 months later
"Carry on my wayward son," I sang along to the radio. "There'll be peace when you are-" I stopped when I heard ringing coming from the glove box. I turned down the radio and rooted through the glove box to find my original phone. I hesitated when reading the caller ID- Dean.

2 months earlier

Maybe a week after my birthday party with my boys and ex-brothers I realized I really wanted to be a hunter. I practically begged TFW to take me on a hunt with them. They finally agreed.

We walked into the warehouse where we had learned demons were hiding out. We split up, Dean and Cas going in the side door, and Sam and I going in the back door. When Sam had finally picked the lock, Dean and Cas were already in combat. Sam rushed in and I paused, staring in awe of the fighting. While I was distracted a demon jumped me. I had my blade in its throat before I even fell to the floor. I stood up and smiled at my work before seeing a demon coming up behind Sam.

"Sam!" I yelled, I was too far away. Sam turned around, but in time. The demon stabbed him in the gut. I sprinted towards the moose and tackled the demon. I raised the blade up and stabbed it in the heart. I ran to Sam. Blood was starting to pool around him and I panicked.

"Dean!" I yelled. Dean dropped the last demon and ran over, Cas close behind.

"What happened?" Dean questioned, kneeling beside Sam.

"A demon," Sam coughed. Cas healed him and we left going back to the bunker. I climbed into the back, next to Cas.

"How did it happen?" Dean asked. I didn't say anything at first.

"I just lost focus for a second," I mumbled.

"So it's your fault?" Dean questioned angrily.

"Dean, stop," Sam plead, but Dean ignored him.

"He almost died because of you!" Dean exaggerated.

"Dean, as soon as I saw I took out the demon," I hissed back.

"No, you don't get it! These are the rules Tessa, Sam comes before anything," Dean growled at me. He pulled into the garage and I got out. Dean got out and we stared each other down. He was being ridiculous, saying that Sam almost died when Cas healed him up and he was fine now. This was just his dumbass brotherly protectiveness kicking in, but I wasn't going to let his stupidity slide especially when he knew I was still emotionally unstable. Thinking he could dump all the blame on me on my first fucking hunt...

"You are a selfish son of a bitch you know that?" I hissed, getting right in Dean's face. "You can't stand to be alone so you always put Sam first even if the world is at risk! Even if it hurts Sam! You'd let the rest of the world die, just so you aren't alone."

"Tessa, drop it," Cas warned. I saw the anger boiling in Dean's eyes, and I should have stopped, but I was fuming.

"You're just as bad as your father," I growled. I saw the hurt in Dean's eyes as the words left my mouth. Before Sam or Cas stepped in to break it up Dean raised his hand, slapping me across the face. I flinched back, holding my cheek. I turned away trying to hide the tears falling down my cheeks.