The Preliminaries: Concluded

Story Start::

I am in the most awkward postition right now. Half of me wants to cheer for Gaara, but the other half wants to cheer for Lee.

Ugh... Decisions like this are too complicated to make. So... I'll just say silent and watch the match quietly, like a good child.

"I don't know what tricks Mr. Eyebrows has up his sleeve... But there's no way he'll be able to beat Gaara," Kankuro said.

"No, he's stronger than he looks..." Naruto muttered.

"And so is Gaara..." I whispered under my breath, but no one heard me. Seriously, I was afraid for Lee. The way Gaara's sand had swirled around me in the Forest of Death, protecting me... Surely, this wasn't going to be an easy fight for Lee.

"Konoha Hurricane!" Lee exclaimed, but Gaara blocked the kick with sand. Lee charged for him a few more times, using his speed, but still, he got nowhere. Gaara's sand was just too quick and strong for him to fend off using only Taijutsu.

"But... Lee's attacks are getting nowhere!" Naruto exclaimed.

"Taijutsu is useless against Gaara. The sand protects him always, independent of Gaara's will. That's why, up till this day, there's no one who has ever wounded him," Kankuro explained, and my eyes widened. Precisley at that moment, Lee tried using a physical attack on Gaara, which was blocked by the sand.

"Enough of this! Lee needs to start using ninjutsu!" Sakura exclaimed in a frustrated voice.

"It's not that he won't use ninjutsu, Sakura... It's that he can't," I said, looking at the match with sad eyes.

She gasped. "What... What in the world do you mean!?"

"There are some shinobi born with no genjutsu or ninjutsu abilities... And Lee just happens to belong to that small amount of ninja," Guy-sensei explained.

"What!? Then... How the heck did he last so long!? Other ninja should've pulverized him by now!" The pinkette exclaimed, her green eyes wide.

"They're right, Sakura. Lee had no talent whatsoever when I first met him. He was only able to develop taijutsu... And that's exactly why he can win!" Guy-sensei said.

"What... Oh, just explain already," I said, facepalming as Kakashi-sensei, Sakura, and Naruto raised their eyebrows.

"Lee, it's okay! Take them off!" He commanded, and Lee nodded after a look of shock crossed his face. He tugged down his legwarmers and pulled off... Weights? Huh?

Confusion.

I became even more confused when Lee dropped the weights and they caused two huge explosions in the arena. Seriously, what's wrong with him? It'd be great if you didn't bomb the whole stadium while we're still in it, Lee.

I realized that he wasn't completely crazy when I saw how fast he was. Well, not exactly saw. It was almost impossible to follow where he was moving to. His fists and legs ended up penetrating Gaara's sand, causing the redhead's eyes to widen a fraction.

Now wanting to miss the good part of the match, I rushed over to stand in between Naruto and Kankuro, my eyes wide as I tried to make sense of the scene. One second, Lee was on the ground. The next, he was in the air, sending a kick to Gaara that...

That actually wounded the redhead!? SAY WHAT!?

Oh, fudge balls. I didn't see ANY of this coming. Geez... Where's Alice Cullen when you need her?

"No way... He... He wounded Gaara!" Kankuro said, his eyes wide.

"No, he transformed into a flying goat. Of course he wounded Gaara! Look at the scar on his cheek, man! And why am I making such a big deal out of an itsy bitsy cut!?" I said, beginning to get lost in thought.