Part XXXVIII

Taehyung's :

"Taehyung-ah".

"Hmm?", I lift my chin a little to give her a glance as I search for the first aid kit at Aaron's house. She is sitting on the kitchen counter, observing my hunt for the box.

"Actually, I am qu- kinda confused", she blurbs. My actions were on halt for a second before I search through the cabinets again.

"About what?".

"Um..uh- never mind, it's just a moment of-"

"Try me", I flash her a little smile as I know she means alot of things with that one word she said just now. After I found the box, I take and place it right beside Nara before opening it. "Here you go", I pass her the ointment, "So, what is bothering you?".

"Are you going to look?", she asks curiously. I blip in confusion, "I mean um- while I'm applying the ointment".

"Oh, right, I'll be back in 10 minutes", I say before I go outside the kitchen and leaning against the wall while looking on my toes.

"T- Taehyung-ah".

"Yea?".

"Oh, I thought you're leaving"

"No, I'm not. We won't others to walk on you, would you? I'll be just out here if you need me", I assure her. It took a while before I heard her little sigh and a low thank you rising from her lips.

"Um, Taehyung-ah", Nara calls.

"Yea? What, are you done?", I ask.

"Yea, you can um- come back here".

I turn to walk towards her and take the ointment from her. I watch her patting the base of her spine firmly.

"How are you feeling?", I ask.

"Much better", she smiles at me. I try to find any trace of denial or hidden pain in her face but I glad I can't find any. I assume she's fine, so I put back the ointment into the box and place it back into the cabinet. I join her sitting on the counter while swaying my hanging legs.

"So, what is it?", her moment of silence indicates that she fully understands my lead of curiosity. Her lips tremble to speak her mind out loud. I silently slide my hand underneath hers and carefully intertwine our fingers, earning a little smile from her with a teaspoon of blush colouring her cheeks.

"You told me it's your birthday today, but then-"

"No, that's not true", I cut her off. Her mouth stays open but before she could speak further, I assure her. "I mean the birth date, the one that I put on my celebrity official details or whatever it is; it's not true. It's fake".

"Wha- fake?", I am taken aback when she immediately pulls her hand away from me but I try to remain as calm as possible, to explain it to her.

"Yea, it was just-", the familiar feeling of betrayal clouds her face that I have to grab her hand and look into her eyes; hoping it will help her to get rid of whatever bad thoughts she had about me at this moment. "No, it's not what you think. I didn't mean to lie to you, or in fact all my other fans, but-"

"But what?", she hisses.

"I just want it to be a special day where I can be happily celebrating it with the members, my closest friends, my family and the staffs and that's it. While the fake birthday be celebrated with fans-"