Part XLVIII

Nara's :

He proposed to me.

Did he?

Last night, wasn't he-

No. No. No.

We're still too young.

B-but.. whenever I touch the penda- the ring he gave me. Is it-

"No, baby, you're not dreaming".

Taehyung's husky voice and dark brown eyes startle me back to reality. "But as much as I want it to, I will wait for that moment and for now..", My cheeks flush at the sight of the beautiful definition of adonis right in front of me. "I'll just gonna keep you to myself". I blip my eyes twice, still focusing on his face. Then, while I am still trying to solve the puzzle..

He kisses me. He pulls me in, moulding our lips as one, tenderly. With an arm around my neck, his thumb of the other hand softly stroking my already hot cheek. Making my lips move instinctively, following his lead. With a long, soft bite of my upper lip, he breaks our kiss. His eyes shine with love and care.

He bites his lips seductively before gently pecking my forehead and just like that, he's gone from my sight. Slowly, my hand creeps up my chest, feeling the cold metal hanging loosely on my neck. I took it whole inside my hand, holding it close to my heart until I can feel my heart beats against the ring.

It took me awhile to process what just happened, even for last night's surprising event. I think I still can hear his voice playing inside my head-

"I love you", with that again, out of nowhere, Taehyung kisses my head from behind and again, he disappears. He's not some kind of a wizard but how did he-

I turn around, this time returning his soft gaze while I see him walking towards Jimin. He sends me a reassuring smile, making my insides out, taking my breathe away with the ability for it to seep through my veins and kisses my soul a brand new spring. I smile, without knowing it.

"Cut it out, Taehyung, we have a minor here", Jimin rolls his eyes.

"Hey I'm legal, as much as you guys are!", Jungkook huffs. Just then, a phone rings.

No, phones.

I look around, searching for my phone.

Eomma.

I slide my finger to answer the call. "Neh, eomma?".

My eyes widen, as my eomma keeps on talking. Just as I turn around to look back at Taehyung, he also happens to be in mild shock. Seeing his face, it could either be a super bad or super good news. His mouth hangs open, his pupils dilate in mixed feelings.

Somehow, it's relatable. That's my first assumption.

"N-neh PD-nim..", Taehyung's lips slightly curves downwards, portraying the indescribable happiness he obviously felt right now. He mumbles a thank you to his phone before his eyes directly looking at mine.

He steps closer to me, searching for my hand to intertwine it with his. I was still on the phone with my eomma. Jimin and Jungkook are long gone from our sight.

"Honey, congratulations! You've been accepted to Seoul University!".

"I've been accepted to Hongdae International University!".

Both my eomma and Taehyung chirped at the same time. Before I could reply to either, I lost my words. Slowly I turn to look at Taehyung, as if I was a book, he reads me thoroughly. The color of his face drains.

-----

"Wh- Seoul University?! Are you kidding me?!", Taehyung half shouts at Nara, she jerks a little at it.

"I'm f.ucking serious! How many times should I tell you?", she hisses back. She shuts her eyes, letting out a long frustrating sigh. "And Hongdae? For real, Taehyung?", she shoots back .

"For f.uck's sake, I-", Taehyung stops in the middle. He huffs the rest. Wiping his hand through his face, he took a step closer to Nara before pulling her into a tight hug. He rests his forehead on her shoulder, weakly. "I'm sorry, for yelling at you, Nara. But I think.. It's not our fault. We weren't to- together that time, while we chose our target universities. I- I- ughhh!", he groans. Nara quickly hugs him back, patting the back of his head. "Why the f.uck didn't I realized you sooner?!".

Nara silently sheds her tears, knowing she is completely in the same shoes as Taehyung. With a heavy heart, Nara whispers, "Maybe it's for the best.."

Taehyung yanks himself off Nara in a millisecond. Looking at her with despair and disbelief, silently he took another step back. Increases the distance between him and Nara. His eyes shaking, in horror.

"It's for t-the best, y- you see?", her voice shaking as more tears smearing her cheeks. "Th- this could be a test for us, to test h- how much do we l- love each other-".

"No!", Taehyung snaps, "I'll change the university, my course, everything! I'll go with you!", he persists.

"Don't make things become more complicated, Taehyung. You know how small things can greatly affect you, especially in your career. Don't do something that you'll regret later", she says.

"B- but-"

"You promised".

"What did I promised to you?", he replies in slightly cold tone, but softening it as he eyes Nara.

"You and I got our dreams to be achieved, we both got our own plans, own paths. You- we promised that no matter how far we are separated, how badly the world treats us-".

"You'll always be my home", Taehyung adds.

"And you, mine", Nara continues.

Walking closer to Taehyung, Nara gently slips her arms underneath Taehyung's, hugging him tight. She hides her face in his chest, starting to sob uncontrollably.

"Tell me, t-those are not just words, right? They're not s- some kind of a lie, were they?", she clutches his top hard.

"No", Taehyung breathes, "Those are sincerely made not just words to believe, but a faith to hold with", he kisses her hair. "I love you more than a boyfriend does, more than an idol to his fangirl; more than you can ever imagine".

"I'll always be there for you. I'll wait for whatever time it takes. As long as you come back to me. Safe, and lovely as always", Taehyung smiles weakly.

Nara finally breaks the embrace, and wipes her tears quick, forcing a smile.

"Well, we don't want to spoil the rest of our date, do we?", Taehyung is abit taken aback from her words. "So, how about a swim in the river?", she suggests.

"Sure, baby", still he gives her the warmest smile he could ever forced. "Anything you want". Taehyung ruffles her hair before taking her with him to the river, to join the others.

-----

i think i got something in my eyes..and i rly think of this song when i was writing this..

hope u like this chapter. Ily all so much!

vote&comment♡