Part XXVII

Taehyung's :

I stare at my phone few times, flips it over and over again. I buried a part of my face into my soft pillow as I lay on my stomach.

Should I call her?

Should I not?

Yes?

No?

Ugh.

Wait. She said only to call her when it's important.

Well, I am important, no?

This f.ucking subconscious of mine fuzzes my already messed up head. God.

Then I finally decided.

I swipe my lockscreen and go through my contacts list. There, I found the name that I favor the most. So I call the number.

"Yeoboseyo?" my lips trembled as the single word escape from my sore lips.

"Yeoboseyo? Taehyung-ah?" that very little words came out of her lips lightened up my day in a mere of seconds. I was getting flustered after she said that, but I managed to straighten up my mind.

"Neh, Nara-yah. It's me", of course you are, duh who else it would be? "I uh- Oh did I interrupt you in the middle of something?" I ask worryingly.

She let out a light chuckle, "Not really, I was in the middle of packing my things for class tomorrow. You are coming, right?"

"Of course I am", I reply almost instantly.

Then there's this stupid f.ucking silence barred me from her for awhile. But as awkward as I am, she clears her throat before speaking.

"Well, is there anything I can help you with?"

"I- I am terribly sorry for uh- interrupting or something- I- I- No. I'm good. Good-"

"Kim Taehyung!" she spat. "Breathe", she advised in a very calm tone. I can sense her worries too. Well, at this moment, who doesn't? Eventually, I followed her advise and calm down a bit after a few huffs of deep breaths.

"What happened? Mind sharing with me?"

"I- I thought- I don't know. This might be not important so-"

"Everything about you is as important as you", she exclaims. "Now, will you care to explain about it to me? I promise I'm all ears".

God. I know I have picked the right girl for me.

"Okay..here it goes". And there goes an hour of long, first conversation between me and Nara. My voice vibrates and hitches along the explanation but she never judges. She stays silent and let me finish my words in the best that I'm capable of. She seems to understand my situation that she carefully go through her words before actually made it verbal through the speaker of my phone.

"I just don't f.ucking understand why Namjoon hyung did that to me. I- I really felt betrayed and all I can say is now I really lost all my respect to him. I always looked up to him; as the only one left from the original line of BTS prior to our debut. Meanwhile I was that very last person ever introduced; with the least talent and with time restrictions that had forbidden me to get close to others from the group. I think I was kind of worshipping him due to his experience in this field, just like Yoongi hyung, Hoseok hyung..I envy them".

I didn't realize that my manly tears had sheepishly fall down my cheeks. As time goes, more of it joins the others and before I was about to be carried away and weeping like a girl; I stopped crying.

To my realization, I heard soft sniffles from the other line. Wh-

"Nara-yah? Wh- are you crying?" I got a lot more worried.

"N-no", she sniffles louder this time. "I'm so sorry. I was carried away. Please, go on".

A small, bitter smile curved at my pale pink lips. "Baby, don't cry, I'm f- Shit! I'm sorry, Nara! I'm so sorry", I growled lowly.

"W- what? Why? What for?", she confused at my sudden change of wind.

"I uh- for calling you t-that— just now. It slipped".

She went silent for awhile. "Oh. Oh- it's okay".

The way she responded to me, it feels like, I'm not one-sided anymore. Does she actually..

"But still Taehyung-ah, they're the closest ones to you after your parents. You've spent quite long time with them and I'm sure they are very, very special to you. This doesn't exclude Namjoon oppa, too", her mentioning Namjoon hyung's name with an oppa after it kind of cracks my pride but anyway, she's just being polite. Calm the f.uck down, Taehyung.

"But still, he lied to me; he messed up with one of the things that I treasured the most".

"Look on the bright side; he cares about you". That very sentence made me let out a sarcastic laugh.

"Care? Yeah, right. Care enough to lie, aren't he?", I sneered.

"Well, from what I heard from you, that is all I can conclude with. Nicest way I can. The rest will be up to you since you seem to be the victim here-"

"I am the victim", I snap.

"That's what you're deducing under such tension and messed up head; I understand that", her soft voice soothes me. "But all I wanted- I wish- hope that you will try to open up your mind and try to be more empathy; try to understand his situation. He must have a very strong reason behind all these. Don't forget; he's the leader to the group. It was his nature to have such overprotective, irrelevant worries-like personalities. The way he constantly reminding you, well until he lied to you which was obviously wrong, he actually cares about you. And the fact that you punched him right on his face is just- I don't know. I'm not going to comment anything about that".

This time, speechless I became. Her smooth words are like a rhythm and a song; f.ucking perfectly kneaded and hits me right there; that very place that made me stay awake and alert and more open-minded, I guess.

"Just take your time, don't ever force yourself to do anything. Only that, you proceed anything with extra care and cautions. I wish you and him will be on good terms back, at least think about the others too. Like it or not, you know or not, you guys are in this together; not only you and Namjoon oppa".

"Okay, I'll see what I can do.. Anyway, thanks a lot, Nara. You have helped, a lot". I smiled and I know she is too. We exchanged goodbyes and goodnights before finally hung up.

I rise and sit on the edge of my bed. Just as I am about to grab my sweater and head towards the door to my room, the room was yanked from outside, to my surprise.

My face completely drops when I saw that very person, with a plaster along with a little goof of wool within it on the end of his bruised mouth; now stood in front of me.

"Taehyung-ah..", Namjoon hyung carefully says, "Can we talk for awhile?" For sure, his voice is as calm as his intentions are.

----

It's almost 6am here I'm not even kidding. maybe i'll have to have a little hiatus after this. but since i love you guys, i'll try to update as frequent as i could. thanks for all the support that now SD is on #446 in fanfiction :3 so proud of you, my pretty little things~

i love you all, gumbears. Lol xx