Part XXII

Nara's :

3 days passed just like that and now here I am. Pacing back and forth alone in my room. With a towel encircled my petite figure. I turn on my hair dryer and blow my hair while I'm moving around.

"Nara? Can I come in?" It's eomma.

"Uhh..sure eomma"

So she does. She looks at me in wonder.

"Why are you still not ready? It's 30 to 7pm!" And she glances at my bed. "You're not even choose your outfit yet!" Her voice high-pitches.

"I don't know.." I stop moving. Or doing anything. "Maybe I shouldn't-"

"The light pink one is better. Wear it with the black skinny jeans that I bought you. Oh, and no high heels at your age, so Converse it is" she goes to my dressing table and put down some makeup and stuffs.

"Eomma-"

"I'll do your hair and makeup. Come here"

What can I say? She's just very persuasive. So in return, I just smile weakly and go towards her.

About 15 minutes later, I've become a Cinderella. Just that I'm not wearing a big white gown or wearing glass heels. To be honest, I'm very impressed with whatever my eomma had done to me. From a lousy messed up nerd to an average girl. She did my hair tied into a messy bun. Cute messy bun with little strands of hair falling next to my ears.

Quite okay I guess?

Just when I was about to wear my shoes, I hear a serial of soft knockings at the door. My stomach flips at the moment before my eomma makes fun of my reaction. She opens the door.

There I finally see him. With his hair gelled backwards, a simple baby blue button up not tucked in and vans. His eyes enlarges as I focusing more on him. He looked taken aback.

"Oh, did I dress okay? I hope it's not weird" Taehyung rubs his neck awkwardly while tapping his feet nervously. I feel shy all of the sudden.

"Y-yeah. You look..c-cool" I stammers, refuses to look him in the eye.

"Thanks" he lowers his gaze before giving a meaningful look to me. "You look beautiful".

I smile shyly while tucking strands of hair behind my ear. The blouse I'm wearing is not flashy, in fact it has quite transparent long sleeves with black cuffs with a bit ruffled ends that reaches just below my hip but shorter at the front part.

Then my eomma clears her throat. Oh. She was there the whole time?

"Ma'am, I promise I-"

"As long as it's not a night club or outside South Korea" she shrugs. "And not later than 9pm"

"Yes, of course, Mrs. Jeon" Taehyung shifts at the door and gestures his left arm. "So shall we?"

I look at my eomma, and she approves with a devious smirk, so here I go. Taehyung and I bid our goodbyes to my eomma and we walk towards his car.

"Oh?" I gasp. Taehyung already ahead of me, opening the car door for me. He lifts his eye brow in question. "I never knew you have a car"

"Well, it's my manager's. And I do have one, in case you have forgotten. But I just feel like wanting to drive other than my car tonight. Just to feel the different vibe, you know" he chimed. "Let's go"

So I took the passenger's seat and he closes the door for me. He calmly sits at the driver's seat and tucks his seat belt. I was too busy admiring him here and there until he shifts towards my direction.

He inches closer and closer and without me realize, I feel like I already buried my body within the cushion and I close my eyes. I heard a click sound and he left my sight.

"Wha-" I coo.

"What?" He asks.

"Uh.."

"Well, I put your seat belt on for you"

Knockout.

What was I thinking anyway? Like he's gonna kiss me or something?

No no no.

That's way too easy, Nara.

Wake up.

I heard Taehyung chuckles while he latches his arms on the wheel. He looks at me, smirking, flashing his rare eye smile.

"You don't think I'm actually gonna-"

"No."

"Wait you-"

"God, no!"

We went silent for a while. Taehyung still sparks his wide smile even if he's trying to conceal it.

"To kiss you?"

"Shut up! And no, of course not" I huff.

Again Taehyung bursts into fits of laughter. Of course, he can see through me. He starts the engine smoothly.

"No, thanks" He says. "Saving the best for the last, don't you think so?"

As fast as the street lights passed along the road, my heart beats so loud that I afraid he might actually able to hear it.

"It won't be too far from now" Taehyung speaks out of the blue. "Aaaand..we're here"

He pulls into a parking spot. And I see in front of us, is the ocean.

"No, there" Taehyung points to my left.

There's a small harbour with a restaurant connected to it by the a jetty. As I open the door, the cool sea breeze swifts through the air. Luckily I dressed quite warm tonight.

"Here" I jerked a bit when I see Taehyung standing next to me. He puts a varsity around my shoulder. "Sorry, this is the warmest thing that I got. I guess.." he says. "And I was intended to open the door for you"

"It's okay, this is warm enough for me" and may I say I love his scent on this varsity. I don't know what perfume he's wearing but it smells super good. And calming. I starts to walk ahead of him, but seeing he's not trailing, I look back to him. "It's okay, you don't need to do everything for me" I said replying his second thought, smile at his little concern.

"Thank God it's not some sort of expensive restaurant" I snort after I look around the place.

"Nope, I don't think you will like them either. Those kinds of expensive restaurants around here sucks. With all the tacky and snobby waiters, indescribable things they serve us- just ugh"

I chuckled at his broad statement. He smiles back at me.

"I have a feeling that I'm gonna love this place"

"I know you will" Taehyung says confidently.

Again, under this unknown spell he casted on me, he secure his right hand within my left hand.

And I let him guide me.

-----

Super long update as a return for all the great reads, comments and votes I get while I was striving for my tests. Because I love you guys. And pls support our boys' comeback by buying their new album legally! xx

Edited : i super forgot that taetae have a car. Ahah. So i edited the car part abit..xx