Lucky

~Dan's POV~

I glanced over at my girlfriend and instantly knew something was wrong, even before (Y/N) stood up. "Excuse me," she muttered before rushing out of the resteraunt. Everyone at our table looked up from their menus. I stood up immediately, running after her.

A slight rain drizzled from the sky as I spotted her heading towards the car. I called her name and quickened my speed, but that only made her walk faster. I finally caught up to her when her hand was on the car door. I gently put my hand on her shoulder. She jumped and turned around, tears running down her face.

"D-Dan, I'm s-sorry. I'll be back inside in j-just a minute!" She sniffled. I automatically wrapped my arms around her. She bursted into a series of sobs, crying into my chest as she hugged me tightly.

"Hey, hey," I said softly as I rubbed my hand up and down her back. "Shhh... It'll be alright. It's okay."

"What happened?" I asked after she calmed down a little. "Are you okay?"

"Th-that waiter..." she stuttered with a sniffle. "...is my ex. He wasn't e-exactly very nice to me..."

I hugged her tighter against me. "He's not going to hurt you. I'll protect you. I promise," I whispered as I kissed the top of her head. Why would anyone want to harm her? She's beyond perfect. She deserves so much better than that. "Do you wanna go home?"

"N-No," she said, wiping the tears from her cheeks. "Everyone's happy to have me here and better again. I'm not going yet."

"Alright." I smiled.

"Come on," she said, pulling away. "I can do this. Let's fucking rock this Olive Garden."

"Yeah!" I grinned, wrapping my arm around her shoulder as we walked towards the entrance once again.

"Everything okay?" Arin asked, looking at the two of us.

"Yeah," she smiled. "My side was just bothering me a little bit. All is well and happy again."

"Good," Suzy said before taking a sip of her drink.

The entire evening went by pretty quickly. Next thing I knew, our meals were finished. Brian and his family had to be somewhere, so they left earlier than everybody else. (Y/N)'s ex didn't even bother her that much. He would walk by and she would instantly grab a hold of my hand. I would sqeeze it tightly to reassure her that I was here for her, and that seemed to calm her down. By the end of the night, the waiter could walk behind her and she wouldn't even acknowledge him.

"Thank you so much for the food," she said with a huge grin on her face. "I owe you guys."

"You don't owe us anything," Barry spoke up. The others nodded in agreement.

"Are you sure?" She mumbled.

"Totally," Arin added.

"Yeah, don't worry about it." Suzy grinned.

"It's our treat," Ross said, being abnormally sweet.

She smiled sweetly. "I love you guys so much. See you guys tomorrow?"

A series of yeah's echoed through our group, followed by a bunch of see ya's.

We all left the resteraunt and headed into our own cars. It was 9 o'clock at night. How long were we wasting time in there? I hopped into the driver's seat while (Y/N) sat in the passenger seat.

"I feel like the luckiest girl in the world," she said, still smiling like a fool.

"You deserve it all," I replied. Then, I had an idea. "Hey, do you mind if we stop somewhere before we go home?"

"Nope. I don't mind." She looked at me. "Where are we going?"

I grinned. "You'll see."