14||Haunting

Cause I've done some things that I can't speak
And I've tried to wash you away but you just won't leave
So won't you take a breath and dive in deep
'Cause I came here so you'd come for me
~~~~~~~~~~

Alex sat on his bedroom floor, back against the wall as he listened to Ran telling some strange anecdote on the phone. They were on three way through the phone with Bristol, who was making a few comments here and there to add to the conversation.

"But like, his disguise was stupid and he was easily found out about because it was literally just a plastic bag over his head!" The older blond shouted through the telephone, laughing at his story as Bristol questioned the accuracy.

Apparently Ran had read some thing online about a guy trying to rob a bank to pay for hookers, but was caught because his disguise sucked; i.e a plastic bag.

Alex laughed awkwardly as well, his voice probably barely making it to the phone that was on speaker. He hadn't been paying too much attention, and his mind wandered off to more (less) important things.

But as his mind drifted back to the earth and into his head, a particular topic voiced by Bristol caught Alex's ear.

"There's this abandoned theatre downtown. Apparently it was left to rot in the 1940's, and hasn't been used since due to a murder that occurred there. Some people say that it's haunted." She said, and you could hear the skeptical amusement in her tone.

"I've been to that place!" Alex chipped in, his back becoming straighter against the wall. "The lock is broken on the backdoor. You can walk right through it. I used to play on the stage there with my guitar when I was like, 14."

"So it's not haunted?" The girl questioned, her tone becoming gloomy and disappointed.

"The first floor isn't. I've heard some weird things upstairs, though."

"Should we go check it out?" Ran asked, now genuinely also becoming curious about the place.

"Hell yeah we should!" The younger boy grinned.

"Oh my god, guys. We should bring a ouija board!" Bristol exclaimed, and Alex laughed before face-palming.

"Who here even has a ouija board?" The blond asked.

"I hear you can make one with just a paper and pen." Alex mentioned.

"Yeah, I heard about that too. But what about the Planchette?" Bristol asked.

"You can use a shot glass." The brunet said.

"So when are we going?" Ran questioned.

"I say we should go at 2 in the morning." Alex smirked.

"I knew you were gonna say that." Ran said, and Alex could basically picture him smiling as he shook his head.

"Alex, that's a horrible idea..." Bristol huffed. "Let's do it."

Ran and Alex chuckled, before they all agreed to meet at the coffee house at midnight, and Bristol would pick Alex up in her Toyota cressida.

"Wait, what if we summon Satan?" The girl suddenly asked.

A noise that almost sounded like a slap could be heard through the phones of Ran and Bristol. Even though it was really just Alex face palming at his ridiculous best friend.

"We aren't summoning Satan." The brunet groaned.

"That's what they all say."

******