30||Tear In My Heart

Sometimes you've got to bleed to know,
That you're alive and have a soul,
But it takes someone to come around to show you how.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unkown number: Breakfast starts soon so you guys might wanna come back.
P.S: I had a great time last night ;)
- Greg <3

That was the message that had truly made Ran uneasy. The fact that Greg seemingly just coincidentally had his number was strange enough, but the message was what held a bigger picture.

If the text had gone without the "P.S.", the winking face and the heart emoji, it could have looked normal. Sure, Greg miraculously having his contact information would still be strange, but at least the text message itself wouldn't have filled him with a feeling of such... Of such dread. In fact, dread, confusion, and uneasiness was all that the blond could feel in that moment. He wanted so desperately to just focus on Alex. He wanted to focus on the way the sunlight played upon his hair, how he was sitting so close to him, how his eyes held such a deep look of sincere affection and love. But instead, he just couldn't seem to keep his attention off of the terrible feeling in his stomach. The feeling that whispered to him that he had done something incredibly wrong.

The sensation had weighed him down all day, truthfully. Somehow, he managed to keep up the act that he was fine. At least he did so for Alex. However, each and every single time he would even touch the brunet, his mind was filled with worrying voices and apprehensiveness. He was still so confused about everything that had happened that night, and he tried to keep himself cheery with the thought that maybe nothing serious had happened at all. He made a mental note to himself not to drink alcohol, ever again.

But even he knew that would crash and burn miserably. So, he kept his mouth shut for that whole day, pretending to smile and calm his worries whenever he looked at the younger boy.

Everyone who was staying at the resort had stayed inside and in their rooms for the duration of that day. Although the morning was clear and crisp, both the wind and the snow had picked up drastically once the clock had struck noon. The winds were so bleak and aggressive that even the sound of trees snapping and falling could be heard from the peoples' rooms. The weather was making everyone feel slightly dreary that day, and the fact that Ran absolutely despised any type of storm was only worsening his anxieties even further.

Ever since the storm had picked up, Alex had noticed that the blond was on edge. He couldn't imagine why; the brunet himself absolutely adored storms, and the blond had really never told him about anything that could be troubling him. He supposed that everyone has their worries and fears, and that Ran just so happened to be afraid of storms.

But still, the younger boy was concerned for his boyfriend. All day, the elder had not stopped tugging at his hair, rubbing his eyes with what seemed like exhaustion, continuously pacing around their room and fidgeting nonstop. It was only when Ran could not be at ease and just relax while the two were watching an 80's movie in bed did Alex finally address him.

The brunet grabbed the remote, and turned down the volume of the film. He turned to look at Ran who was already looking back at him. A look of question was plastered on the elder's face.

"Why'd you turn it down?" The blond asked.

Instead of answering the question properly, Alex only voiced his own concern. "Is there something wrong?"

Ran furrowed his eyebrows. "What?"

"You just seemed stressed and on edge. You're not being... You." The brunet said, trying to word his explanation as clearly as possible.