CHAPTER VIGINTI

-

Chapter 20

-

Tick 

Tock

Tick

Tock

Tick

Tock

I couldn't sleep but I wasn't fully awake either. I'm worried, nervous yet scared and angry.

Leah left a week ago without even a goodbye. The same day Dalia woke up but she disappeared before seeing her, her own daughter.

I mean this is what we decided upon, isn't it? To raise Dalia. 

Thankfully Dalia woke up but she is still very fatigued from the changes and only stays awake for a few moments before returning to her slumber. 

I feel like I live in a bubble, without Leah around everything is tasteless. 

A week ago I called Scarlett to ask her more about the incident between her and Leah. My gut tells me that Leah would've never been able to do such deeds Scarlett was accusing her of and I needed to talk to Scarlett and most importantly ask her if she allows me to talk to Leah about her dark secrets, that Leah is supposed  to be the cause of.

But I never got the chance to ask Scarlett because as soon as she picked up I heard Leah's voice in the background, saying that she has to go immediately. 

Scarlett later explained that there was a car waiting for her after she got a call a few seconds before I called and that Leah looked scared before she hurried out. Since then I've barely slept anything, no one is telling me where Leah is. She isn't answering her phone. 

All I can do is wait.

I sincerely hope that she at least is fine.

-

"They've been planning this well" Leoni explained to the council concerned, the queen and also known as the goddess that I will take over soon. I was summoned to the central castle because there have been reports of a rebel group. A group out to take over the werewolf world because they think I'm not enough as a goddess.

I can't say I don't understand, I can barely trust myself but it was still very unexpected and dangerous. 

One because we have no clue who is part of the rebellion and two we don't know what to do against it. 

A wrong step and the whole werewolf community will be falling apart. 

I'm not really needed here it seems, I've been here for a week and the only reason I'm here I feel like is to keep an eye on me and also make sure that everyone else is safe from me. 

I'm their new goddess, if I die. That would be a disaster on its' own.

"Goddess!" a guard stormed in. Leoni stood up "what is it?"

"I'm sorry Goddess, I mean the new goddess" he bowed to the current Goddess and then turned to face me.

"Goddess, we have received a threat concerning your mate and your daughter" I gasped, the guard gave me a sorry look before bowing and turning back to Leoni for orders.

I couldn't comprehend what I was just told and just let my thoughts go wild. What should I do? What if they hurt them?

"Leah as you know you were summoned before because of your midnight-ful, before this whole situation." I nodded numb from all the feeling that washed over me, mostly fear. 

"Child" Leoni looked at me, wanting me to acknowledge that she was talking to me "please tell us what you want to do? It's your family after all" she was testing me, it might seem harmless but my answer would change a lot of things. Mainly if my position as a goddess is worth the fight against our own kinds. 

I wanted them here, I wanted them safe surrounded by capable warriors and guards but I was here, I'm the target. The threat was only that, a threat to scare me. They'd be safer in the packhouse with the others. 

"I want warriors and seekers to be send to my packhouse, sending them here will only put them in more danger and besides we need to show the rebels that we are capable and not scared of them. We are the leaders of this community after all"

The goddess gave me a nod and a motherly smile. 

"Very well, send 5 moon warriors and 2 moon seekers" I gasped, moon warriors and seekers are quite rare, they are the best, the elite. "I want you to accompany them and make sure everything is under control and be discreet." she ordered the guard before dismissing him with a nod, showing him that she trusted him fully. 

-

After the daily meeting with the  council for more planning and information about what we should do next me and Leoni sat down for tea in her private chambers.

She sighed and finally showed just how exhausted she really is. I reached out to comfort her.

"You're good Leah, don't worry" she whispered "this was bound to happen sooner or later" she continued and looked me straight in the eyes. It's as of she was comforting me instead me comforting her.

"It has nothing to do with you, really. This was planned for a while. We have spies among us, I'm sure. You and I have to work on a different plan no one else knows about, it's just not safe anymore."

I understood. That's why she send moon warriors and seekers to protect Gabriel and Dalia. You can only claim the title moon if the moon acknowledges you. That means that the moon warriors, seekers, shamans and more are loyal to their moon goddess, in this case goddesses

"I'm scared" I confessed to the beautiful woman in front of me who was holding my hand.  

"Me too" 

-

© March 31st 2016

-

AHHHHHHH I'M SORRY!!. It's been forever. This chapter turned out to be totally different from what I first wrote it to be. This chapter was supposed to be when we find out about the incidents between Scarlett and Leah but I skipped that since I just couldn't write it good enough so I deleted everything I wrote and instead wrote this in the matter of an hour because I felt so sorry towards you, my precious snowflakes hihi♡.

At first I wanted to not publish this since I haven't even proofread it and it's soooo short but enough of the waiting! It's not like my previous chapters are masterpieces.

ALSO! THANK YOU SO SO MUCH. WE REACHED THE GOALS AND BEYYYYYOOONNDD.

(The only goal we didn't reach is the followers part but whatever.)

So I wasn't really planning for you all to reach the goals so soon into the story so I can't really say much but here is my "gift":

There will be a second book following this one, a shorter story (from what I've planned right now). The book will not be under the category "werewolf" and the title will be "unique?".

As soon as I can I will reveal the cover and a small sneak peak of what the book will be about. Please forgive me but I really can't say more about the story for the second book since it might spoil this one >_<.

I will try to update at least twice every month, if I don't- please scold me.