Chapter 33: PROMISES

As I looked up to her she was pale, white at most.

"Alexis?" I said in disbelief. She sat down next to me. Scared shitless, I just looked at her. 

"Liam I love you remember that okay. Tell Louis I love him too and all of them, especially Zayn okay. He needs you all." She spoke in a soft angelic voice.

"Alexis why, how are you here? You-yo," I babbled on, surprised was an understatement.

"Tell Alexa and Tia Mon to check my first drawer in my closet. Make sure Harry checks his pillow. I want you to promise me you'll keep in touch with Alexa and Emm. Will you please promise me?" She said with her serious face. I was scared but I listened

"I-I promise." Tears began to fall down my cheek. 

"Tell El Dani I'll miss them and I love them and thank you for being there for me, tell everyone that too. And Liam thank you thank you for being in the ambulance with me and sorry for the shirt." She smirked and I couldn't help but give a small laugh. 

"But wait you're supposed to be-" my phone started to ring.

"Answer it and remember to do all the things I told you to do okay. I love you Liam forever and ever. Answer it." I looked down at my phone to see it was Alexa calling. I pressed the answer key and slowly raised it to my ear staring at Alexis.

"Hello"

"Liam Liam where are you Liam!" Alexa yelled franticly on the other end.

"Alexa calm down what is it?"

 "It's Alexis sh-she's dyeing" 

"What no she's not she's right he-" when I went to look to Alexis she wasn't there. "I'm on my way." I hung up the phone and sprinted to the elevators. The slow ride up was agonizing. As I ran down the hall Alexa came to view with a nurse trying to hold her back as she desperately reached for the hospital door to Alexis' room.

"What's going on what's happening" I said to the nurse. 

"She's gone into a seizure the doctors are trying their best." 

"No! Please make it Alexis please!" Alexa said finally giving up and slipping down to the floor. She sat with her head in her hands crying while I tried to comfort her. As I looked through Alexis' door I saw her laying there shaking while the heart

monitor went mad. 'Please god please'

“Liam, Liam why are you on the flo- Oh my god what’s going on!?” I heard Harry yell as I rose my head from the sobs.

“She’s dying Harry; she’s not going to make it.” I said with no feeling drained and now realizing why I saw her in the court yard.

“Don’t say that! Liam ho-”

“May the family and friends of Alexis Phoenix Brooks please gather around in the private room?” A woman in a white coat spoke as we all quieted down. I pulled Alexa up and tried for another glance but her door was closed and the blinds shielded her window.

We all sat in a small cold room. Harry next to Louis, then El, Niall, Me, and Alexa sitting next to Monica.

“Alexis’ body took a hit the first day she got here and we were afraid of a long term coma but her body was too weak. I’m sorry to say this but Alexis is in a better place now. We are so sorry for your lost.” She got up and out closing the door.

We said nothing stayed quiet not able to take in the news. Alexa broke the silence with her loud cries. We all walked to her and joined in on a somewhat group hug. I turned over my shoulder to see Harry sitting on the arm rest with his hands on his knees leaning over breathing heavily.

“Harry?” I placed a hand on his shoulder, he jerked away from me.

“NO! She promised Liam, She said she wouldn’t leave me!” He shouted.

“I know Har-,” I was interrupted when the door slammed open.

“She’s awake, sh-shes awake!” A nurses said panting and red from the lack of breath. “She’s awake.”

THE END.