Releasing Ceremony

Caroline's friendship bracelet ⬆️

Caroline was on her knees with her hands tied behind her back. Kyle and I stood behind her. Kyle cleared his throat and everyone's eyes darted to him. Oh god here comes the speech.

"Caroline was once a great pack member. A friend." He looked at me. "A mate." He looked at Caroline's mate. He was sad. "A daughter."  He looked to her disappointed parents. "Caroline has exposed our secret to four humans. That is beyond unacceptable. She killed the my parents, our former Alpha and Luna along with many pack mates. Caroline has done wrong and must pay for what she has done. Today we will release her. Can I have everyone form a line in front of her." The pack made a line facing her. "Each of you will say a personal last message to her." Everyone went. Most people said I love you and goodbye and I'll miss you. The point is to say nice things. Now it was my turn. I pulled my friendship bracelet off my wrist and put it on hers. Then I pulled the one she broke out of my pocket and tied it back together. I put it on my wrist. "Even though you hate me now, you will always be my best friend and you can carry me with you, always." Both bracelets had our names on it so now the one she had said Alyssa and the one I have says Caroline. Kyle stepped up to her with a gun in his hand. "Caroline, I'm gonna miss having you around. You're a great friend to have. You always made me laugh when I was sad. I believe you could've done great things." He walked behind her and held the gun to the back of her head. "Repeat after me. I release you." Kyle said slowly. "I release you." The pack said in unison.Caroline had tears streaming down her face. I would too if I was in her position. "Then it is done. Goodbye Caroline." A gunshot went off and Caroline fell over, dead. A tear rolled down my cheek. She was my best friend.