Chapter 8: soothe

'Are we gonna last?'

Carla's POV:
I awoke to the surroundings of my room, my duvets pulled up over me and my dressing gown loosely wrapped around me. That's when I remembered Nick, him carrying me through to my room, him laying me down into my bed, him saying 'goodnight sweetheart'. He was so gentle with me, like he always had been, his fingers running through my hair made me sleepy every time. I wasn't planning on getting back with him and I'm still not 100% certain we are but I'm more than happy to.

I made my way out of my bedroom and went to get myself a glass of water as my throat felt rather dry, my first sip soothed it but I was interupted by a knock at the door. "Ughhh" I groaned as I placed my glass down and dragged my feet to the door. As I slowly opened it Nick comes in, bunch of flowers in hand, and a little teddy bear. "Morning gorgeous" he said as he walked into my flat. I closed the door behind him. "Wow" i said as my body froze at the sight. "These are for you" he said as he passed me the flowers and the teddy bear. "Nick, your spoiling me" I gasped as a tear rolled down my cheek. "You deserve it" he explained. I placed my gifts down on the benchtop and made my way over to the couch, the same place I had cuddled up with nick last night. "Come over here" I said to nick as he followed me over and sat next to me on the couch. "Nick after last night, I'm still not certain we are an actual couple again, are we?" I asked, a feeling of vulnerability in my voice. He grasped hold of my hand and pulled it into his lap. "If your willing to give us another shot, I am too" he smiled looking down at our entwined hands. I smiled while tears started falling from eyes, just like last night. I quickly shot my hand up to my eyes and tried to get rid of the tears so nick wouldn't see but it was to late. "Hey hey hey, it's okay, come here" he said as he pulled me into his chest, hugging me tightly, like he never wanted to let go. "Nick, can we just stay here all day?" I ask through my tears. "It's Saturday, we can do whatever you want" he replied while kissing my hair gently. "I hardly slept last night, can we just go and lay down or something" I asked as I sat up and looked at him. "If that's what you want" he smiled.

I was tired. I wasn't getting him into bed for anything other than to lay peacefully. We got off the couch together and he had his arm around my waist all the way in. "Oh wait" he said as he turned around. I turned around myself to see what he was doing. He held up the mini teddy bear "can't forget him can we" he said holding up infront of me. I smiled and took the bear off him. As I entered my room, I took off my dressing gown, I had a singlet and underwear on. It had been a long time since I had nick anywhere near my naked body but even now, we weren't in the room for that. "Do you want me to just lay ontop of the covers" he said while looking at me as I got into my king sized bed. "No, please come in, I need you to hold me" I said as the vulnerability once again, made an appearance in my voice. "Okay" he whispered as he took of his jeans and tshirt, leaving him in his boxers as he climbed into bed, next to me.

Nicks POV:
'No, please come in, I need you to hold me' she said. I could hear the vulnerability in her voice, she needed someone to tell her she was worthy, that she was beautiful, she was wanted. Her eyes were already drifting shut, she was laying on my chest, her breath against my skin relaxed me, her hand was also on my chest, my hand gently ran up and down her back, creating a sense of relaxation to build in her. "Nick" I heard her whisper. "Yeah?" I replied while continuing to rub her back. "Are we gonna last?" She said without looking at me. It caught me off guard. I pulled my hand off her back and sat up slightly. She must've looked up at me now, realising I was moving. "Of course we will, why do you ask that?" I ask as she sits up against the head rest. "It's just, every relationship has never worked for me, I want this to last, I want us to be happy, I want us to grow old together and still be inlove, I don't think I could cope with another break up" she explained, once again tears forming in her eyes. "Come here" I say as I pulled her back down onto my chest. "We are gonna last, we are gonna grow old together, and we are still gonna be inlove, I promise you" I said to her. I knew if she did something like last time, cheating, then we wouldn't last but I am almost certain she wouldn't do that. "I really hope your right nick, I love you and I couldn't bare to lose you again" she added. I started to soothe her back once again. "Sweetheart, your not gonna lose me, if you do something like last time then maybe but you wouldn't would you?" I asked her, making sure she was aware that if she did do something like that, then I was out of the picture. "Trust me, I wouldn't, not ever" said with a very serious tone. I kissed the top of her head, reassuring her I was here for her. "I love you" I whispered. "I love you to Nick" she replied. Her short breaths while she was sleeping was cute, I lay watching her for minutes but soon her beauty encaptured me and I fell asleep, with her in my arms.

A/N Thankyou for reading once again! So they are back together! Please leave your thoughts on this chapter in the comments as it really means a lot to me, and don't forget to vote! X