Robin Goodfellow

One of my all time favorite ballets is and always will be, A Midsummer Nights Dream.
     When I learned that our Spring performance was going to be A Midsummer Nights Dream, I was very excited. 

    We started practicing almost right away.
We started with the first act and I was hoping for the role of a butterfly fairy.
     If you would have asked me at the time what role I wanted, I would have told you the role of a butterfly fairy.  I thought it was reasonable and I practiced the role.  Secretly though, I wanted the role of Puck. 
     You could not get me to admit that though, because one of my fears is that I will jinx it.
     One day, when we were practicing the first act, I was practicing the butterfly fairy part. 
      One of the things that I worried about was that I have weak arches and my pointe work isn't that great.  It was very frustrating at time with my arches randomly cramping up when I was on pointe.
     Then, my teacher told me something that broke my heart.  She told me that I wouldn't have the role of the butterfly fairy.  I was  crushed.  
      Frustrated, I went to my ballet bag and rubbed my annoying arches.
       Just a couple of minutes later, my teacher told me something that made me so excited.  She said she wanted me to practice as Puck.  I was so excited and even though I wasn't sure if I would get the part, I was just happy to practice the part.