Compliments

Getting a compliment is rare. Typically what you will get from a ballet teacher is saying that was better. Good teachers will never say anything, like the word perfect. I have been dancing for eleven almost twelve years never have I heard a teacher say the word perfect when taking about a dancer in the rooms dancing.

I was in stretch class which always goes at least ten minutes over. I was bored because class had ended and I decided to try and do a pirouette. My hair was in a pony tail (because it's stretch class) and I wasn't wearing ballet shoes. Still, I wanted to try a pirouette.

I spun and it was pretty good. I think it was about a triple and sure, I had trouble on the landing, but I was happy.

I didn't know that my teacher was paying attention to me.

"That's pretty good, you just need to spot." He said.

I was mentally freaking out. This teacher is a dancer with the company and I had to admit he is a strong dancer.

I then sputtered about it being hard to turn with a pony tail and I had a short conversation with him about how important floor is for turning.

Compliments are rare, but when you get them in ballet, you have to cherish them.

Anyways, have a great day and just keep dancing friends!! ~Mia