Chapter 15

Today was a pretty chill day. Adrianna and I got dragged to the farmer's market with Selene and my mom. I didn't mind though once I got there. Everything was so beautiful. There were hundreds of crates spilling over with colorful fruit, stands selling freshly baked bread, vases of just cut flowers. We didn't have any of this kind of stuff at home. It was really cool. Adrianna and I ended up buying a bunch of bracelets at one of the stands. I love small beaded bracelets. After we bough them, Adrianna slipped them onto her wrist above the ones I got her for her birthday.

We were walking back to the car with our moms when my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I asked. The sun was shining too bright, so I couldn't read the caller ID.

"Hey babe. What's up?" I smiled. 

"Hey Wesley. Nothing much. Adrianna and I are packing a bunch of stuff into the car from the farmers market." I told him.

"Sounds cool." He said. I could tell that he was smiling on the other end of the line. He started speaking again. "So we're throwing Keaton a little surprise party for his birthday." Wes started, "Do you guys wanna come?"

"Uhm, I'm not sure." I told him biting my lip. So far all the parties that I've been to haven't exactly worked out in my favor. Wes must have sensed it because I heard him chuckle through the phone.

"No worries Aves, it's kinda a family party. Just a couple of relatives and some of Keaton's friends." The confidence flowed back into my system. I felt relieved.

"Oh, are you sure you want us to come then? If it's a family party?"

"Keaton said that you guys are considered his friends. Plus my mom said it was cool too." He replied.

"In that case, we'll be there." I grinned at Adrianna. 

"Cool. I'll see you guys tonight then." He spoke through the phone. I heard a bunch of scuffling in the background. I heard a voice say my name.

"Hey Avery!" It was Drew.

"Yeah. Drew says hey." Wes said. I laughed.

"Thanks Wes, I kind of figured that out." I joked.

"You're so mean to me." He said jokingly. I could practically see him pouting like a little baby on the other end. "I'll see you in a few hours. Starts at 6."

"Okay, bye!" I said before hanging up the phone. I clicked end and bounded over to Adrianna who was sitting in the backseat of her mom's Range Rover. She looked at me to see what was over.

"Wes invited us over to the house for a surprise party for Keaton." I told her. She lit up.

"Aww yay! I almost forgot it was his birthday! That kid is too cute!" She laughed. 

"Hmm. Should we get him something?" I asked her. She stopped bouncing in place.

"I don't know. I would have no idea what to get him." Adrianna pointed out. "You saw what I got Owen for his birthday present." I laughed, remembering as Adrianna handed her brother a package of new socks and an iTunes card.

"Yeah... maybe you should let me pick it out." Our moms got into the car and drove home. When we pulled into the driveway Adrianna asked if we could borrow the car.

"What for sweetie?" Selene asked. We all got out and helped unload the groceries. Adrianna talked as she followed her mother into the house, bags in hand.

"Our friend Wesley invited us to a party for his younger brother Keaton's birthday party, and we just wanted to run out to the mall." 

"Will there be drinking at this party?" Selene asked raising her eyebrows at her daughter.