Chapter 36

Wes POV

Things with Keaton cleared up pretty fast, turns out Avery was right. Things went back to normal after I apologized and then bribed him with several cups of frozen yogurt. It wasn't exactly cheap, but I was glad to have my brother back. We agreed to take a break from the music for a while and just chill out and enjoy the rest of the summer.

"Shit Keaton what day is it?" I shot up from my spot on the couch. He must not have sensed the panic in my voice because he didn't look up from his phone.

"Monday." He said scrolling. I threw one of my mom's embroidered pillows at him which got his attention.

"No I mean like the date." I said impatiently. Please don't be what day I think it is; please don't be what day I think it is.

"Uh its August 25th. Why?" Shit. It was August 25th, the last week of summer before we go back to school. The last week before she leaves. Keaton has always been able to tell what was running through my mind. He looked at me kind of confused and then it finally clicked into place.

"It's August 25th." He said sadly. I got up off the couch and walked over to a small clearing between the coffee table and the TV. I laid down on my back and just stared at the celling. I heard a scuffing noise coming from the kitchen. At that moment Drew walked in and sat next to Keaton, yogurt in hand.

"What's up with him?" Drew asked. I didn't break my gaze from the celling, but I could tell he was pointing at me on the floor.

"It's August 25th." I said, still not looking at anyone.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Drew asked, putting the spoon up to his mouth. I sat up.

"It's August 25th." I repeated, as if that would explain everything.

"Yeah I know it's August 25th what does that have to do -" Keaton cut him off.

"Are we seriously going to do this again?" He asked me, rolling his eyes. He turned to Drew. "He's freaking out because there's only one week left of summer. And that means he only has a week left with Avery."

"Oh. Shit." He said. I couldn't have said it any better myself. I sighed. Could this really be happening to me? I finally meet a girl that likes me for me. When I first met her I was kind of glad she was from out of town. She didn't know me, she didn't know my past. She didn't know about the one girl that completely shattered me, breaking my heart by cheating on me. She thinks I'm indestructible, made of steel.

She's the first girl in a long time that I wanted to get to know. I didn't have to try with this girl, I could just be myself. I didn't have force my badass attitude onto her, I could be myself. There was something so alluring about her, I felt like I could start over with her. She could really know me for me. And now she was leaving. It tore me up that there was nothing I could do to keep her from going. She couldn't leave me.

"Dude..." Drew came and sat down next to me on the floor. He didn't really know what to say because like it or not, Avery was leaving on Friday. "You gotta make the most of it." He clapped me on the shoulder. He was right, she was still here. I had to make the most of her time here. 

"You're right." And idea clicked into my head as I flashed back to something Avery told me at our party. When she was sprawled across me on our couch that night she was talking about a bunch of random stuff. She talked about her friends, Talia and Katie? Are those their names? I'm not sure. I also learned that her favorite color is green, and that she loves the Little Mermaid.

The Little Mermaid. "Guys, you doing anything today?" I asked Drew and Keaton grinning.

"Well I was going to head down to the gym-" Drew started but he saw the look on my face. "Bro, what are you planning?" The look he gave me as he said that was sort of dangerous. He knew I was up to something.

"Call the girls and tell them to get ready, we're going to Anaheim." I said, pleased with myself. Keaton jumped up and tackled me. I laughed. Someone was excited. Drew pulled out his phone.

"What do I say?" He asked punching in what I think was Adrianna's number. He placed the phone up to his ear; I could already hear it ringing.

"Don't say anything. Just tell them to get dressed because we've got a surprise." I told him.

"And what exactly is this surprise?" Drew asked, still kind of confused. 

"We're going to Disneyland." I said crossing my arms across my chest smiling. You can't possibly go wrong with Disneyland.

When we pulled up to the Fisher's house, I saw Avery and Adrianna doing a bunch of stationary tricks on their boards. She caught my eye as we pulled the car up to the curb and glided over on her board to meet us. 

I glanced her over in the ten seconds it took for her to roll over to us. She always wore the dopest shit. A Vampire Weekend tee hung off one of her shoulders, exposing her tanned skin. Her dad's? Nah, I think this one is hers. Her long blonde hair hung directly above her waist and was tucked into a snapback. Her outfit was just a t-shirt and some faded black shorts but she managed to look so hot.

I had to break my stare away before I got myself into some trouble. So much for that though because she threw her hands around my neck and pulled me into a hug. She tilted her face upwards and I couldn't help it, I kissed her. I always wanted to kiss her. I slid my hands down so they were resting on her hips and I felt her soft skin as her shirt slid up partially. Wes.....

I broke away from her and picked her up and threw her over my shoulder. I heard her giggling and I took this moment to catch my breath. The things this girl can do to me... I finally collected myself and walked over to the backseat of the car.

"Where are we going?" She asked curiously. I smiled, she was going to love this.

"I'm not telling it's a surprise!" I said as I opened the door to the back seat. Keaton was already sitting inside so I put Avery down and slid her into the car so she was sitting in the middle. I got in the passenger seat, next to Drew who was driving. I looked at Avery in the rearview mirror and grinned. She was sandwiched in between Adrianna and my brother and had her nose and eyebrows wrinkle din confusion- her thinking face. She had no idea where we were going.

I was smiling the entire ride there, and I felt Avery staring at me. It just killed her that I knew where we were going and she didn't. She had absolutely no idea where we were headed, but as soon as she saw Sleeping Beauty's castle she completely lost it.

"OH MY GOD WES WE'RE IN DISNEYLAND." She said, throwing her body across Keaton so she could get a better look out the window. Keaton was sitting there awkwardly, not sure to do with his hands because my girlfriend was splayed across his lap. I started shaking with laughter. Oh my god that kid was too awkward. Finally I saw him just rest it on the door. He was looking at Avery too, I followed his gaze and he was smiling. It made him happy to see his friend happy. And that made me happy. I was just a big ball of sunshine. I laughed to myself: Dude, this girl is turning you into such a softy. I grinned. So what if I was? I'm at effing Disneyland.

"Have you ever been here before?" I asked Avery as she linked her arm in mine and we walked off to the front gates. She shook her head no.

"I've only been to Disney World in Florida, but that was when I was five. I haven't been since." I smiled. Yes, I was the first person to take her. She looked over at me.

"What about you? Have you ever been?" 

"Nope." And I hadn't. We moved down to Huntington the summer before my Junior Year, exactly one year ago. We were so focused on school and our music that we never really got to go to Disneyland and stuff like that. Not gonna lie, I was pretty excited.

"Really?" She grinned at me. "Cool, so it's the first time for both of us."

And with that we walked hand in hand through the gates, right into the most magical place on earth.

This chapter goes to someone who has been rather active with my story. Thanks so much for voting for my chapters, leaving comments, and giving me your support! If you want the next chapter to be dedicated to you be sure that you follow/vote/comment. Hope you guys liked this chapter! :)