Chapter 43

"So when's Wes picking you up for your date?" Adrianna leaned back in her chair at the kitchen table.

"Oh shit I have no idea. All my clothes are already packed." I admitted, starting to panic a little.

"Okay, well, where's he taking you?" she asked me.

"Some place out of town." I pulled out my phone and scrolled through my previous messages. I stopped as soon as the restaurant name caught my eye. "Ah, here. It's called La Locale?" I said in a questioning tone not sure if I read the name right.

"Oh my god the food there is to die for! My dad takes Owen, Emily and I out there when he comes to town." a smile started creeping across her undefined jaw line.

"What? Why are you staring at me like that?" I asked slightly irritated.

"Oh, it's nothing... Just that this place is super fancy?" she said grinning. I groaned, she knew how much I hated getting dressed up. Any place that didn't approve of cutoffs and tank tops wasn't exactly my scene.

"I don't even have any dresses with me." I said resting my head against the smooth finished wood of the table. "He's going to be here in two hours! I don't have time to get a dress by then!" I said.

"Who needs to buy a dress when the closet of Adrianna Fisher is right at your disposal." she said giving me a toothy smile.

"Really? You'd do that?" I exclaimed picking my face off the table.

"Sure. Borrow anything you want. My clothes are your clothes." I got up and full on attacked her with a giant hug. She laughed as I practically cut off her flow of oxygen. "Okay, okay. Message received. You're welcome." she said exhaling as I squeezed her tighter. "Now let me go so I can help you pick out a dress for your date."

The two of us ran back up the steps and straight over to Adrianna's closet. "I've borrowed so many of your band tees this summer, it's time for me to pay back the favor." Adrianna grabbed the two bronze knobs that allowed the closet doors to function and twisted them, letting the doors swing open.

I stared in awe at all the clothes that hung on the wooden hangers. I've borrowed a few of Adrianna's tops in these past couple weeks and they weren't too at from my style, but as I glanced at the other articles that hung on the right side of the closet I couldn't help but notice how girly everything was. I didn't really take Adrianna as a girly girl. The entire time I've known her she had always been in distressed denim and cotton t-shirts, not patterned dresses and skirts.

Adrianna must have noticed my surprise because she chimed in, "I know what you're thinking, but my private school has a pretty strict dress code. Personally, I hate frills and dresses, but the code states that all girls have to either wear dresses or skirts- no shorts or pants allowed unless they are dress pants." she pointed at the hideous pair of dress pants that she had tucked away towards the back.

I grinned at her and felt sort of relieved. I knew she wasn't like all those girls at my school that carried around purses instead of backpacks and wore a different pair of shoes each school day. "I can't even imagine wearing a dress to school. Let alone wearing one every day." I said feeling impressed that she actually made it through junior year.

"Yeah. Tell me about it." she said rolling her eyes. She looked back over at the dresses and then perked up a little, remembering about my date. "I have some casual sundresses on the left, but on the left are some formal dresses. I have those from weddings and sweet 16s and stuff. Feel free to try on whatever you want." she sat down on her bed and left me to choose.

First I tried on this simple black strapless dress that fell just in the middle of my thigh. It was a little short on me because I was so tall. Adrianna agreed that it wasn't long enough, and I changed into the next one. The second dress I really liked. It was royal blue with one strap. It was meant to go down to the knee on Adrianna, so the length was perfect.