Chapter 20

I now it was my turn to regret the fact that the golf cart was moving. I had nowhere to escape. I guess it kind of made sense, and that freaked me out a little bit. I bit my bottom lip and turned to Keaton.

"He likes me?" I asked still in disbelief.

"Wes seems to think so." Keaton shrugged at me. My mind was whirling in a million different directions. A bunch of different thoughts filled my brain at the same time, I couldn't sort them all out.

"That is complete bull." I mumbled. Keaton turned to me looking confused. He looked at me with curious eyes, asking me to explain. I sighed and elaborated further. "One guy liking me I can understand. But two? That's totally not possible." I stated.

"What are you talking about Avery? Have you even seen yourself?" Keaton asked eyes slightly wide.

"Yeah, yeah, I know. Here I have two really cool guys fighting over me, and back home I'm no one. I just don't get what those guys see in me." I told him. 

"Uh, well for starters you're kind of really hot." Keaton said. I smacked him in the arm, but not hard. I was kind of flattered actually. I started blushing. No one has ever told me that before. I've heard from my friends that I looked beautiful and gorgeous before, but a guy has never called me hot. Ever. Although, the fact that it was Keaton who said it made the experience kind of weird. I smiled at him

"Keaton!" I scream-laughed at him. He chuckled and blushed a little too. He started talking quickly before I had the chance to hit him again.

"Okay, Okay!" He raised his hands to me defensively. "Well you're also a really good surfer, and you're pretty, and you can skate, and apparently you can sing." He smiled at me. "Wes is really into you because you guys like the same things." He nudged me on the shoulder, and I smiled at him. He was very sweet.

"Thanks Keaton." I said to him smiling slightly.

"For what?" He asked me.

"For thinking I'm pretty." I looked at him and smiled. He was blushing like crazy. He looked away and started mumbling.

"Uh, no problem." I laughed.

"It was very sweet for you to say Keaton." And it was. Keaton was a very nice boy. The sophomore girls are probably going crazy for him.

And then I remembered.

"Uh so what am I going to do about Owen?" I asked, scrunching up my nose, changing the subject. Keaton's smile faded.

"Yeah that could get pretty messy if you don't do something." Keaton said a little worried.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, Owen knew you first, so technically he has dibs on you. But since Wes asked you to hang out after he knew Owen had dibs, he was hypothetically stealing you away." Keaton stated.

"Dibs?! What is this? I'm not a slice of pizza." I scoffed.

"No you're not, and that makes the problem so much worse." Keaton sighed. I looked at him to explain. He inhaled, "I've seen it happen before, with Drew and Wes." Keaton said. I glanced farther up in the cart and saw the two best friends sitting next to each other, pointing out buildings and laughing. "There have been multiple occasions where Drew was dating a girl, and Wes would come by and snatch her up." Keaton said, a little disappointed in his brother's past behavior.

"Is that why you guys broke up all the time?" I asked. Keaton nodded slowly.

"It was one of the reasons, but yeah. That definitely played a part in us splitting up all the time."