Chapter 47

"Are you freaking serious?!" The look on her face was priceless. Just to play with her a little bit I didn't say anything. "AVERY! Are you or are you not staying in Huntington?!" Adrianna grabbed ahold of my shoulders and started shaking me violently. I started laughing.

"It's true, Ade. I'm staying." Her smile grew about twenty times wider and she tackled me.

"Oh my god! I can't believe it!!!! Thank god you're staying." Her voice muffled by my arm. I squirmed out from under her and sat up.

"I can't believe it either." I said still in awe. I couldn't even fathom what had just happened in the last ten minutes. Just then I heard a knock at the door. Selene popped her head through the door.

"I also have something to add to the excitement." She said handing Adrianna a paper folder.

"What's this?" Adrianna said accepting it and turning it over in her hands. There was no writing on the outside indicating where it was from. Before she could open it, her mom interjected.

"It's your school schedule. It came in the mail this morning." She said plainly. I wouldn't have thought twice about it until Adrianna crinkled her eyebrows and spoke.

"What do you mean? Westminster doesn't mail out your class schedules, you get them on the first day." she said. Selene just sat there in silence, smiling. Adrianna's eyes grew wide and she opened the folder so fast I'm surprised it didn't rip in half.

Her eyes ran up and down the page and she squealed excitedly and ran up and hugged her mom to death. "Thanks mom! When did you make the transfer?" She asked. Transfer? What transfer? 

"In the beginning of the summer. It's your senior year; you should be able to go to school wherever you want. Plus it's closer so you don't have to spend all that money on gas." She smiled. Wait... closer? Is she-

Adrianna jumped up and down a few more times and ran over to me. She thrust the folder into my line of vision and motioned for me to open it up. There were several sheets of paper inside, the first one with a navy blue crest on the top of the page in the right corner. I read the sheet aloud.

"Dear Ms. Fisher, We at Westminster High School are sad to be informed that the previous year will have been your last with us. Although we are sad to see you go, we wish you all the best at your new school. In this envelope we have attached your school transcripts from Westminster that you will need to present on your first day of classes at your new establishment. Thank you, and good luck." I stared up at her looking for an explanation.

"No, don't read that one, that's old." She said pulling it out of the folder. "My mom just put that in there for safe keeping. Here read this." She pointed to the next sheet that held a small chart. As I looked closer it turned out t be Adrianna's class schedule for her senior year. I saw that she was taking Calculus, AP European History, Physics, and American Literature.

Okay... I thought to myself, what does this have to do with anything? My eyes traveled back up to the top of the page where there was all of Adrianna's information. Name, birthday, address...

"Oh my god." I said after seeing it. "You’re transferring to Huntington Beach High School?!" I asked happily. She nodded quickly and we both started to jump around happily together. "This means we are going to be at the same school together!" I practically shrieked. As we were happy dancing Owen trailed into Adrianna's room through the connecting bathroom.

"What's going on in here?" He asked suspiciously. Just about half an hour ago Owen saw me sitting in bed completely hungover. My head was still pounding, but I didn't care. I was way too happy. Owen just stared at us waiting for an answer. I turned my head in Adrianna's direction and we both exchanged a glance.