Chapter 25

"A karaoke bar? Are you serious?" I laughed as soon as I stepped into the dimly lit restaurant. Drew and Wes just grinned back at me. I shook my head at them, but followed them inside anyway. I walked in step with Adrianna over to the hostess stand. The place was actually pretty cool. The walls were made of stainless steel with glass accents and neon lights pulsing through them. Black linoleum covered the floor paired with matching stainless steel bar tables. 

A high-pitched nasal voice was blaring from the stage. I looked over at Keaton and he had his hands cupped over his ears like I did. We both erupted with laughter. Wes pulled the chair out for me after the hostess showed us to our table and I blushed. He was so polite.

We all picked up our menus, looking over the choices for dinner. Drew raised his hand and called the waiter over. He came up to our table smiling. "So what will you guys be having tonight?" He asked us.

"Uh can we get two orders of cheese fries, two orders of buffalo wings, and some quesadillas please?" Drew asked folding up the menu. "Is that okay with you guys?" He turned to us.

I looked around the table and we were all nodding our heads in agreement. I just really wanted some cheese fries. I glanced around the circle at all my friends. Adrianna was on my left, and Keaton was to the right. Next to Adrianna was Drew, followed by Wesley and then Owen. Wes was being a lot nicer to Owen lately. Something tells me that he must have talked to Keaton after we got lunch.

It was nice to see them getting along. Since they weren't fighting, you could tell they both had a lot in common. I really hope that they can be friends now. That would honestly be amazing. When the waiter came back, Drew tried to order drinks, but was shut down.

"Can I see your ID?" The waiter asked with a smirk. Drew felt his pockets, pretending to be looking for his fake drivers license. 

"You know, I must have left it at home." Drew said, "Any way you can just hook us up any way?" He asked. The waiter scoffed and took out his note pad and scribbled something down. 

"Okay, so six Cokes it is." He smiled at us and retreated into the kitchen. Everyone burst out laughing. Drew looked a little mad.

"Damn it, I usually don't even need to show my ID they just assume I'm old enough." Drew said. He glanced over at Keaton. "Dude, that's why he didn't believe us, just your presence makes us seem four years younger." We all laughed and Keaton looked down sadly.

"Awwww, Keaton!" I wrapped him into a side hug. "Drew! You made him sad!" I said pouting. 

"Woah there Keats, again with you scamming on my girl!" Keaton lifted his head up and smiled, enjoying teasing his brother. We all laughed until our waiter came back carrying a tray of Cokes and our food. 

We were all munching along on our food when I heard another voice start up on the karaoke machine. "Good evening ladies and gentlemen!" We all looked up to the stage. A man in a shiny silver suit was at the microphone. "It's Sunday night and you know what that means! It's time for the weekly karaoke battle!" He paused and the crowd started whooping. "Find a partner, and come on up to the stage!" I watched as people around the room paired up and ran up to the stage.

"You guys should go!" Adrianna said motioning to the boys.

"Yeah, but it's a pair competition." Wesley said grabbing another French fry.

"I call Keaton!" Drew said springing up from his seat.

"Dude! He's my brother!" Wes said back. Keaton just shrugged his shoulders and looked apologetically at his brother.

"Sorry bro, Drew called me first." Keaton said. 

"With my rapping skills and your range, we've got this in the bag." Drew said to Keaton as they turned to run up to the stage.