Chapter 46

Waking up at one pm didn't do me any favors. Neither did the insane headache that was pounding the inside of my skull. I sat up in bed and instantly regretted it. I clutched the side of my head and melted back into the sheets. Owen must have heard me groaning because he came by with a bottle of aspirin, a glass of water and some crackers.

"Eat." he said tossing the roll of saltine crackers to me. Despite the amount of pain I was in I managed to catch the food and unwrap the package. I shoved a few into my mouth and chewed. Next he passed me the glass of water and the aspirin. I took a sip and then swallowed the medicine. "Rough night?" He sat down on the corner of my mattress.

"You could say that." I replied, managing to sit up and lean against the headboard. I was pretty peaceful during the few hours I was asleep. It was seriously disappointing waking up to the fact that I was still leaving. Owen looked at me like I was going to break into pieces. I couldn't blame him though.

"You were crying in your sleep last night." He told me. I gave him a confused look. "I was walking downstairs to make a sandwich and I heard you."

"That's weird. I wasn't having a bad dream." I replied. "I actually don't remember dreaming at all." I didn't hear anything Owen said after that until he ended with. "Oh and your parents want to talk to you."

"Parents? As in both of them?" I asked.

"Yeah, your dad's downstairs. Do you want me to tell them to come up? It doesn't look like you would make it down the stairs." He laughed. I tried to look annoyed, but I cracked a smile anyway.

"Sure, thanks. Do you think they'll notice?" I asked referring to my hungover state.

"Honestly? Yes." He said bluntly. I looked at him in surprise. His forwardness was kind of shocking. He held his serious expression for a few seconds and then laughed. "I'm just kidding Aves, I already told them you were feeling sick."

"Thanks Owen." I smiled at him. He disappeared from the room and I heard his feet clip clopping down the stairs. A few minutes later my mom and Rick traipsed through the door.

"Hey Avery, how are you feeling sweetheart?" My mom asked coming to sit down on my bed. She brought her hand up to my forehead to see if I felt febrile. "Well, you're not warm." She announced. I squirmed out from under her hand.

"I'm fine, I just have a really bad headache." My dad gave me a suspicious glance so I added, "and my stomach hurts a little."

"Well I hope you're okay to listen. Your father and I have something to discuss with you."

"Sure. What's up?" oh shit did they know about our little party last night? I was about to grovel and beg for forgiveness when the conversation took an interesting turn.

"We just wanted to know how you felt about leaving." My mom said. As he finished the sentence I felt my eyes well up with tears. It was the first time that my mom had wondered how I felt about this. She never asked how I was coping about leaving my friends and Wes. But as soon as she did seem interested I broke out into sobs. I was coughing and gasping as the tears rolled heavily down my cheeks and off my face.

My mom pouted slightly with sympathy and pulled me to her. For the next five minutes I held onto her as she rocked me softly. "It's the hardest thing I've ever had t do." I spoke honestly. "I never thought I would become so close to so many people. I never thought that I would feel this way." my parents exchanged a glance.

"Your father would like to make you a proposition." my mom said before pursing her lips. My dad chimed in.

"Seeing how upset flying back to New Jersey makes you, I am going to make you a deal." he started. I wasn't following where this was going... "If you keep up your grades and do well in school, you could spend your senior year here, living with me in Huntington Beach." What? I. Could. Stay. I COULD STAY.

"Are you serious!?" I asked with genuine happiness. I crawled out from under my sheets and tackled my father. "THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!" I said while squeezing the air out of him. My dad knew how much Wes and all the boys meant to me, and he was giving me the opportunity to stay. I couldn't thank him enough for that. He really has changed, he really is different.

I turned to my mom and she looked happy too. "On Sunday you just have to come home and pack up some of your stuff to bring out there with you." my mom said smiling. I think she was happy that I was finally trying to reconnect with my dad. Well either that or she was just happy to get rid of me and finally have some spare time.

After a few minutes my mom got up and went down to the kitchen. Now it was just my dad and I. "Seriously, I can not thank you enough." I told him with sincerity.

"It’s the least I could do for you after you forgave me. I just want you to know that I love you Avery, and I'll always have your back." He said hugging me.

"I love you too... Dad."

It would mean so much if you guys voted for this chapter! I really want to make it to the first page so please help me out :) if this gets more than 15 likes I will make the next chapter 3-4 pages :D