Chapter Thirteen

Rachel's POV
A month later
Its been a month since I got home from seeing Brantley. He's got a couple more shows before he comes home. Tonight he's Jonesboro, Arkansas and tomorrow he's finishing his tour in Atlanta. He will be home Sunday morning and I can't wait. I've started doing a little modeling. I started right after I got back from seeing Brantley. Tonight I have a small little runway show for a store opening in town. I'm sitting in a chair getting ready for the show when I get a text from Brantley.
B-"Hey baby girl. Good luck tonight! You'll do great and I love you 😘"
R-"Thanks baby. Kick ass tonight and I can't wait to see you Sunday. I love you too 😘"

It was time for me to walk the runway. They have me wearing a Beatle's T-shirt, a white skirt, and my hair is up in a ponytail. I'm hoping this goes well. If it does, I'm going to start doing this full time. Brantley is fully supportive of it too. As I'm walking down the runway I have cameras flashing in every direction and people cheering me on. I do, however, wish my man was here. When I get to the end, I kind of pull the waist band of the skirt down and stick my tongue out, then turn around and walk back. That felt so good. I'm so glad I did this.

(Sunday Morning)
I wake up at 8:30am and see that Brantley hasn't made it home yet. I'm too lazy to get out of bed so I roll over and try to go back to sleep. I can hear the rain hitting the window and it's so relaxing. I'm almost asleep when I hear the front door open and keys hit the table by the door. I hear Brantley's boots walking up the stairs and stopping in the doorway. I don't say anything, I just pull my arm out from under the covers and reach for him. He strips down and climbs in bed. Poor baby, he's so exhausted. I wrap myself around him and kissing him and snuggle into his side. "I'm glad you're home handsome." "I'm happy to be home angel. Let's nap." He says with a sleepy grin. "Gladly." I tell him before falling asleep.