Chapter 18

Looking up at the clear blue sky I made my way across the green field, the beautiful flowers gazing my skin as I make my way past them. As I walk further from afar I see a familiar brown haired boy. As I get closer he smiles showing his amazing whites. My lips feel empty without his. He notices my actions and dips his head down..... BANG!
I feel his body tense, no! What was happening! I looked down and saw him clutching his heart. Blood was gushing out! I screamed. Screamed as loud as I could.

"Lexi! Get up! Lexi!"
I scrambled up and looked around me.

This place...

Where was I?

Did they come to get me too?

"Lexi, it's me! Enzo...shh I got you." I was wrapped into warm arms. I looked up to see Enzo with slightly dampened hair. His eyes filled with worry, I sit up and try to steady my breathing. I took deep breathes until I finally had control.

"Sorry about that." I whispered. He moved some strands of hair out of my face.

"Hey, hey no need to apologise." He hugged me once more and got up.

"I'm going to order room service for breakfast." I nodded my head and watched as he left the room.

How was he so nice to me it was just like a couple of days ago we didn't get along?

I got up fixed my hair and washed my face. Ugh I had bags under my eyes.

What did I expect when I only got 4 hours of sleep?

I got out of the room and found Enzo sitting on the table reading a newspaper. He had gotten dressed into a dark navy blue blazer and white dress shirt, which were extremely fitted, he paired it off with a slim black tie and fitted navy slacks.

"Good morning Ms Carrter." He said not taking his eyes off the paper.

"Enzo. Aren't you meant to back in the city." I asked a question that ran through my mind.

He placed his paper down and sipped his coffee. "Well you see... There's been a few inconveniences here that I have to take care of." I furrowed my eyebrows and sat in the chair next to him.

I ate a little bit of eggs and bacon even though I didn't have much of an appetite.

"So, these nightmares you have... Do they happen regularly? I can tell it wasn't your first time. It happend back at my place after The Charity Ball." I avoided the question, not daring to go down that path.

"I have to go, Daisy must be freaking out that I'm not home..." I got up and grabbed my purse keys and phone.

"...see you soon Enzo." I walked out of the apartment and back to the car. I didn't miss how the receptionist gaped at me.

------

"Where did you go?" Daisy asked. She looked like a total wreck.

That's what happens to drinkers baby.

"I just went to get some fresh air." I lied. The day I kissed Eric. I result in waking up and having breakfast with his brother.

Nice one Lex.

Daisy handed me a cup of coffee as we entered the back yard.

"You should just take it easy today, you had heaps last night, my flower."

I smiled at the very zombie looking Daisy.

"I didn't intend to. I can barely put to pieces what happened last night..." Her eyes quickly shot open.