Chapter 17

Soon after his lips moved in sync with mine, he dominated my lips taking control. I pulled him closer towards me, he took his chances and invited his tongue into my mouth.

At first I had no clue what to do, he noticed this and pulled away gently tugging my lip at the same time.

I opened my eyes and found him staring straight at me. The look of lust in his eyes made me weak to the knees.

It wasn't until we heard Zach and Daisy cheering on from the porch of the house.

I looked back at them and instantly my cheeks turned red. I was afraid to look back at Eric, he held no expression which scared me.

Daisy noticed my expression and ushered Zach inside.

I looked back at Eric who was now looking at me with wide eyes, I was about to speak until his phone started to ring.

I knitted my eyebrows together and watched as he answered his call.

"Enzo?"

I froze in my spot and looked around me.

Was he here?

Did he see me kissing Eric?

Wait why would I be concerned, uh because he was the one who stole you're first kiss?

I zoned back to Eric.

"Yeah she's with me...she's safe...Enzo why are you asking this?... Alright, bye." He hung up and clenched his jaw.

"Why is he so concerned about you Lexia?" He asked concerned and serious.

I bit my bottom lip and looked down.

"I-I..."

Quick! Make something up!

"I got into some trouble back in NYC and he was there at the time and he helped me out." I shrugged it off.

Eric ran his fingers through his hair and nodded.

He turned me around and walked us back to the house.

We ended up finding Daisy passed out in Zach's arm. I shook my head and thought about how careless she was with alcohol.

Zach decided we should head back home.

The car ride back was a little awkward. Eric had not spoken to me and Zach quietly drove the whole time.

Seeing Daisy's parents not home, I had Zach carry Daisy to her bed. I made sure I thanked them and saw them out.

Zach hugged me and Eric kissed my cheek.

Why was he acting so strangely?

I changed into a pair of my black yoga tights and a white tee. I crawled next to Daisy and checked the time it was already midnight.

I put my phone down on the beside table and cuddled up into the blanket.

Buzz buzz.... Buzz buzz...

I stirred around in my sleep but slowly managed to open my eyes. I looked beside me and saw my phone vibrating.

I struggled to find the strength to pick up and regretted it one I did.

The bright screen burned my eyeballs, Enzo in bold was printed on the caller ID.

Why was he calling?

I answered the call anyway.

"Enzo?" I croaked at the same time wiping my eyes with my other hand.