Chapter 31

Later that night I ended up waking up to foot steps infront of my door.
I don't know how I heard them but I just did.

I slowly get up from the guest bed and rub my eyes to try and open them a little more.

Opening the door I see Enzo leaning his forearm against the door frame, he was wearing black joggers that seemed a bit too tight, maybe because they were Sebastian's. Which only meant that ... I slowly look up and I'm confronted by peaking biceps and a delicious torso.

"If you're done checking me out can I come in?" He asked with amusement.

My self-conscious was saying no, but deep down I wanted him in.

"Yeah sure, come in." I move to the side as he swiftly walked in sitting at the edge of the bed.

"Go. Ask." he simply said.

I didn't hesitate to quickly blurt out the burning question.

"Who were those people Enzo?" I leaned my back against the closed door.

"They were enemies of the family's, they made it clear that they wanted me dead. I mean I did kill their boss, and now the son's the boss and is after me." He chuckles slightly.
I cross my arms under my chest.

"Why did this all start, Enzo?"

--------------------------------next day 5pm
I sigh slightly.
"Ally, it's just a backyard BBQ."  I mentally screamed.
She had went home and picked up spare clothes for me. Sebastian had invited the "family" for a BBQ.

So she shows me a maxi dress which I will no way be wearing. Not if my life depended on it.

Instead she wore it and I went for the denim high waisted jeans with rips on the knees and a camo short sleeve tucked in. Simple but perfect. She always gave me white plain canvas shoes to match it up.

I ended up tying my hair in a high pony tail which left the ends in slight waves.

As we found ourselves at the entry of the backyard I was in awe.

Suits were replaced with casual clothes.

These men did not look like mafia. Instead they looked like a group of friends and family.

There was some girls a little older than me that were unfamiliar. I'm guessing either girlfriends or even involved with the mafia.

Making my way down the 3 steps with Ally we found the men near the BBQ. With them were Eros, sitting closer the men died down on their conversations.

Sebastian pulled Ally to his side placing a passionate kids on her lips. Too cute.
Standing there awkwardly I looked up at Enzo who was already looking at me smiling.

Smiling? Well that was odd.

"Well mi Amore , it's been a while hasn't it?" Eros spoke as he planted a soft kiss on my cheek.

I smile. "Yes, since the day I told you Enzo was sleeping with your sister?"

I heard someone choke from beside me.
It was Sebastian.
He looked at Seb , I could tell he was about to go into a laughing fit, but Enzo's murderous look said other wise.

Eros laughed it off and said something in Italian to the men then walked off.

"Lexa you need to keep that smart Boca shut."  He growls.
"Id like to see you try." I wink and walk off.

That made me feel sassy af.
But I loved it.

After socialising with other family members. Some where guards, some were bodyguards and some were the business runners. Interesting.

Walking into the house to fetch some more whine I groaned loudly as they were no where to be seen. I searched cupboards, fridges and all but nope. No where.

I heard someone from behind speak up.
"Come on Lex, I'm sure a wealthy man like Sebastian would have a whine cellar." He chuckled to himself.

I plastered a fake smile to my face and turn my undivided attention to the one and only grinning Enzo.

"Well then what are you waiting for," I gestured, "...lead the way."

He turns around and starts walking with me closely.

Entering the room that was below the house it was dark with the sky's light dimming the room.
Walking in there were shelves of wine bottles and let me tell you they looked pretty old.

Searching for a decent wine I make my way through the little aisles

"Was it necessary for you to mention Eros' sister ?" I hear enzos deep voice from the sails next to me
I grin.
"Yes, you should be ashamed of it." I try to hide the amusement in my voice.

"Well well it's seems to me that you are jealous." His voice came clearer as we both were at the end of our aisles and now infront of each other. He was smirking.

"Me ? Yeah I don't think so. Why would I be Enzo?"
"Well I don't know ..." he leaned his shoulder on the shelve "that she's a better kisser than you." 

I was startled. How dare he compare me to her. "Enzo the only time you kissed me was unexpectedly at the restaurant in the city remember? Plus gosh knows how many guys she's kissed." I was not sure why but deep down I wanted to prove something and sweep him off his feet 'unexpectedly'

"You were slopp-"
I didn't let him finish that sentence as I grab onto his collar and crashed my lips against his. I'm not sure why but he was quick to respond. He places his hand on my lower back as he pressed me against him. He then kissed in sync with me however he pushed me slightly against the end of the shelves which caught me off guard. Slipping his tongue in my mouth he managed to dominate the kiss. His tongue massaging mine. I was so close to moaning but I couldn't let him win. So I did the unthinkable.
I caught  his lip between my teeth as I tugged at his bottom lip and I pulled gently away from the kiss.

Quickly, I selected a whine on my way out and power walked to the backyard to join the others.
I managed to relax my breath and my heart as I approached Sebastian with Ben and Dante.

"Ah Lex, just the girl we wanted to see, how are you feeling?" Dante asked kindly.
Right then I felt a hand pressed to my lower back which made me gasp.

"Oh, you tell me, Dante. I would say she looks quite flushed." Enzo nudged me to speak up.

Oh I see what you're doing mister ...

"No Enzo, it's just the wine." I smile in the most fake way and divert my attention back to the boys.

"How have you guys been? Bored without me?" I tease.
"Actually yes. Nothing much to do back at the safe house. We just mainly run errands at night and that's it. How's school going for you? Is Ashley still being a slût?"

"Yes as always Dante."

The sun was slowly beginning to set and the family were still at the long tables outside chatting away and eating. I was sitting next to Enzo and Ally, Ben, Sebastian and Eros were in front of us eating away and talking to another.
I was in an engaging conversation with Sebastian until I felt something warm placed on my thigh. My eyes widened slightly and I looked down to find Enzo was comfortable enough to place his hand there.

I look at him and press my lips in a line and shoo'd his hand away, yet he places it back.
Trying to stay focused on Ally while at the same time fight Enzo away. Let me say, its going to be a tough night