Chapter one

Maya stared at the ground as the class put their things away after the bell rang. Lucas stood by her after packing up and as Riley was talking to Farkle. He suddenly reached over and wrapped his hands around her waist and squeezed, making her jump and then stand up, turning around. They all turned to her.
"Ugh, I hate that tasering thing." She said, grabbing her backpack and binder, then walking out. He turned to Riley and Farkle and they laughed. Thats when Lucas noticed the red folder underneath Mayas desk.
"Hey, Lucas. Can we meet at the lunch table. I wanna get in line."
"Okay." Lucas was left alone in the classroom, with the exception of Cory, who was putting grades into the computer. He reached down and grabbed the red folder. He looked around quickly and then opened it up to find the first paper, a guidelines to a school he had never heard of. Cory turned around at the sound of the folder.
That's when the word 'dormitory' popped out at him. He just barely scanned it. When Cory spoke.
"Isn't that Mayas?" He closed it and looked up to see Maya in the doorway. And Cory looking at him.
"It is." Said Maya, uneasily, stepping towards Lucas. He handed it to her slowly. She took it, at first looking at it and then at him. They were silent for a moment. Lucas just wanted to grab her and never let her go. She was leaving. How could she just leave them? Her eyes turned from stone to glass as her heart went form cross to apologetic. She quickly left the room.
"What happened?"asked Cory. Lucas put his hands over his head and shook it, telling himself to stop over reacting but he couldn't help it. Why?
"It's nothing, sir." With that, he left the room.