Chapter nine

Another week passed and Riley really wanted to talk to her friend. She was sitting at Topangas on Friday night with Lucas and Farkle as her parents spoke at another table. Katy wasn't working because she had to do something important, though she never said what. It was, to get Maya for the weekend and now, Maya stood in the doorway of the bakery, looking at her friends but yet unnoticed by them. She watched as Lucas got up and walked to the counter. She ran and then jumped onto his back.
"Riley?" He said, confused but then turning his head to see Maya.
"Maya!" She jumped of his back and he turned her to see her with an oversized, navy blue sweater, a plaid skirt, black tights and shoes, with her wavy blond hair in a ponytail. Her face was thinner as well as her legs but he didn't notice that until after he wrapped his arms around the thin body, placing his hand on back of her her head.
Riley jumped up and ran to her, followed by Farkle. She gave them each huge hugs.
"What are you doing here?"
"I came home for the weekend. For my aunts birthday, though I barely know her. It was more of an excuse."
Topanga noticed the group all standing by the counter. Then she noticed the blond hair.
"Is that Maya?" Cory turned around to see her and Riley walking to the table.
"Hi, Mr. And Mrs.Matthews."
"Hi." They said, each giving her a hug.
"What happened?"
"I came home. I go back Sunday."
"Do you like it there?" Asked Cory. She shook her head.
"Because of the pills?"
"Of course you know about that." She said.
"I do, Maya and I'm glad they took them away. I really hope that you still don't have any." Maya looked away from his eyes.
"It would be very hard to hide them." That's all she said.