Chapter twelve

The bell rang and Lucas didn't react.
"Lucas!"
"Wh-what.?" Class is over, said Cory.
"Oh." He grabbed his stuff.
"It's been two weeks." Said Riley. "I knew you wouldn't get over it."
"She still doesn't have her phone?"
"She got it last week." Said Riley. "She hasn't been answering much."
"Oh." He said, pulling out his phone and sending her a message asking why she didn't tell him she had her phone back but Riley stopped him.
"You might want to just start with 'hi.'" So he just sent a 'call me' and put his phone away until that night as he worked on a project with Riley, Farkle, and Za and it buzzed.
"Maya." There was a moment and a lot of muffling.
"Hey."
"Are you high?"
"What the hell?" He wasn't sure if it was to him to someone in the room. "No, Lucas, I'm not high. Trust me we would have been caught." There were some mocking voices in the background saying him name. She told them to shut up and then he heard some rustling, laughing and them a new voice.
"Hi, Lucas, are you her boyfriend?" There was more rustling and laughter.
"Sorry, that was one of my roommates and this is the only time that I could call."
"It's okay. Could you just call me when You're not so busy."
"Ya, sure."
"Kay, bye." Beep beep beep.
"Well, she's happy." He said, sitting down.
"What's wrong?"
"I'm happy for her. I just feel like I'm losing her."