Chapter eleven

"Lucas?" Maya's eyes opened up to find herself in Lucas's arms but that wasn't his voice. Riley walked into Maya's room. On Maya's bed was Lucas holding Maya who was against the wall. She moved his hand which woke him up, and sat up. Lucas looked up at her, confused.
"What are you doing here?" Asked Riley as Cory entered and Lucas turned around on his back.
"Why are you here?" Asked Cory. "Why are you in her bed?" Lucas jumped up.
"Nothing happened."
"Maya?"
"Honestly. Nothing."
"You're mom's working. She asked me to come and wake you up. I didn't expect you both." Riley didn't seem upset. She seemed more excited. "I'm gonna say it... Yaaaaaaaay."
"What?" Asked Maya.
"Riley may have expressed some feelings for Farkle while you were gone." Maya's eyes widened. Lucas smiled at her. He liked seeing her happy.
"You're mom wants you to be ready in an hour." Said Cory.
"Can I stay and take the subway back?" Asked Riley.
"Course."
After he left, they all sat down together as Riley texted Farkle and Lucas an Maya sat awkwardly.
"You're floor is not all that comfy."
"Sorry?" He lifted up the light figure and sat her in his lap.
"Aww." Said Riley. Lucas shot her a look but Maya just looked down at her hands. Lucas moved her head to rest on his shoulder, with his hand. They were still like that when Farkle entered and sat next to Riley. Everyone was Silent. The morning was full of many silences.
"If I get expelled, I can come home."
"Don't do that." Said Riley.
"It's not that bad her. It's actually kinda fun. I just miss it here." Lucas rubbed her back. She stood up. "I have to get ready." She grabbed some clothes from her desk and went to the bathroom.
"What happened?"
"It was just a kiss."
"A kiss?"
"I wasn't gonna say that in front of your dad."
"So, what now?"
"Nothing. Nothing now. She leaves and, and I somehow get over it. I don't know how but I will."
"You won't."
"Excuse me?"
Maya entered again.
"My moms home. I'm leaving." Riley ran to her and hugged her. "It's okay, Riles." Next, she hugged Farkle and then she hugged Lucas. He stroked her hair and then she pulled away. "No alcohol."
"I promise." He said. She nodded and then left everyone in her room.